Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering if HL has a better selection than JA in this product? I had picked up a jar of JA gold embossing powder but after I had brought it home, it doesnt seem to be the one I want. I guess I was wanting the metallic kind but this one looks dull. Does HL have the metallic one? Also I had notice there was gold stamping glitter, what is the advantage of having this one compared to the embossing one. Any advice ????? TIA Craftymaw

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craftymaw... Have you used the embossing powder?? They say when heat set it shines... I was wondering if it changes ... wondering minds here??

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some different ones out there. The one that looks like a dull gold in the jar turns out looking like gold metal not a sparkly/glittery gold. The ones that turn out sparkly will say it on the lable, and you can see the glitter actually in the powder when looking in the jar. I am not sure about Stamping glitter is this a brand name? My guess is it is just glitter that you can sprinkle on a stamped image after you have stamped using a glue pad. Or maybe sprinkling on after heating clear embossing powder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori, I bought a pink embossing glitter that I used on the swap items. You heat it to set it. It's pink. I sent you one for sending me the tractor. I had 2 gold embossing powders, one bright and one shinny, but more antique. I got mine at HL. I can't remember where I got the embossing glitter.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did you still have to use an embossing or pigment ink first before putting it on? I can't wait to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the clear embossing ink. Let me know what you think.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to start using this more. I keep forgetting about this method of adding more to a page. Thanks

Diana
    Diana