Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each of us have certain colors, subjects, seasons, and techniques that we gravitate toward. I find comfort working in my favorite things when scrapbooking. And as hard I try, it is like giving birth when I have to make a layout using orange colors or doing sport or Love themes. I get lost in creative oblivion when using mono-tones or meduim color ranges of greens, lavenders, and aqua's. And I also enjoy doing heritage pages. The ultimate buzz I get is working with snow layouts...love...love...love em!

What brings creative joy to your heart? What comes easiest for you to do and what is the most difficult?

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each of us have certain colors, subjects, seasons, and techniques that we gravitate toward. I find comfort working in my favorite things when scrapbooking. And as hard I try, it is like giving birth when I have to make a layout using orange colors or doing sport or Love themes. I get lost in creative oblivion when using mono-tones or meduim color ranges of greens, lavenders, and aqua's. And I also enjoy doing heritage pages. The ultimate buzz I get is working with snow layouts...love...love...love em!

What brings creative joy to your heart? What comes easiest for you to do and what is the most difficult?

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lean towards blues & lavendars although I do use other colors also. I enjoy coming up with my own page maps but I've lately been using a lot of Becky Fleck. I can do a lo with a BF page map in about a 1/2 hour where deciding on my own page map takes me a good 4 hrs to do the lo. I love using ribbons, flowers, & brads. Most of my los these days are of grandchildren. With 8 of them, they keep me pretty busy doing los. I enjoy times when one of my grandchildren can scrap with me. The dgd who lives about a mile from me is the one I scrap with most but the dgd who lives 700 miles from me is the most teachable. The one close thinks she already knows everything while the other one is happy to learn anything new. They are the same age.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like blues and purples mainly. Kinda depends on what I am doing though. I really want to get started on a heritage album though and have been focusing on that more than anything else. Have most of the pictures scanned and a few favorites picked out to start with but still not real sure how to go at getting all the info with the pictures.

Carolyn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I SB with the subjects favorite color. I have GKs (boys) whose favorites are red, blue, and green, so their SBs used a lot of their favorite. My DD is definitely purple with pink accents. I'm trying to complete 40 years of her life now in purples, pinks, lavenders and rose. My trips I try to use colors that reflect the colors in the landscapes I visit. I guess that is the reason I collect so many colors of cardstock.

Judy
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like blues, purples and yellows.

I'm drooling over the Scarlett's Letter Basic Grey right now! There's some other papers by them I like very few whole lines because of pinks

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that I feel more comfortable with any particular colors than others. I just use what works with the photos or with the feeling of the page. I actually think that chosing the colors and the papers is more my strength. I put together color schemes for finishes (carpet, paint, wallcovering, etc.) as part of my job and have been doing that for many years so I think it kind of comes easy for me. The writing part is my weakest. I am terrible at it and I envy those who can do that well.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do my colors according to the type of pics. I'm scrapping.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I use what the picture dictates - but I always add white & black. It seems right now I'm into blues and teals but love working with red (with white and black, of course). Most of my favorite cards are black & white with red accents. But, if you saw my house you'd see red in every room - even my massive red wall in the white kitchen. So I guess I do have a color prefrence - it's red (gee, never actually took the time to realize it)

SAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colors i use usually go with the pics i'm scrapping. Love to use purples though and patterns. but whatever looks good with the pics works for me. My fav theme to scrap is my kids it is SOOO easy to scrap them. and Disney Vacations. My hardest is getting my Heritage album started of my Grandparents, not sure if its the Black and White Photos or the age of them, or the fact that i Miss them Soo much its hard to look at the pics.