Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching an infomercial that is offering the Cricut and the tools for $49.95 plus S&H. You can call 1-800-596-2795 or log on to www.4cricut.com.
    So if you are wanting one, this beats my $100 deal and I didn't get the cutter or the tools.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that same commerical.. If you decide to keep the machine - they'll debit your bank card an add'l 4 pmts of $49.95.

I thought it was a good deal too, however, i had diannaMF look it up on the internet and that's what the fine print said..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they sure don't tell you that in the infomercial. Sounds like lead-on advertising to me. I already have the Cricut, but thought that some of the girls who are still wanting one could get a great deal. Oh well ! I tried!

Our Wal-Mart has them for $184, so it's a better deal than the infomercial.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah, i thought the same thing!! I thought, "OMGosh! that's a great price." Then i wondered why they were selling so low, but i thought it's probably b/c of the new software and the expression - so i called DiannaMF and she got online and told me the fine print. oh well..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, I saw that infommerical the other day to and got so excited. Than went to the website and was like 5 payments not one--whatever! Wonder if they tell you about the fineprint when you call in the order.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of some other info commercials out there. Some at least tell you the first payment is for only the first 2-4 weeks and then after that you'll have add't payments. And gee, some products are even reducing your payments by 1 if you call quickly enough. BUT not this, this looks like $49 for the machine. I checked the web and then saw it again. Still didn't see the actual price anywhere. Kinda sneaky. But I guess it is like they say if it is too good to be true, then it probably isn't true.

-B-

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got suckered into that infomercial too, and rushed to get on the web and check it out.

I missed out on the Black Friday deals, so I was happy seeing the informercial, thinking yay, waiting has finally paid off. WRONG.

As you all have stated, the machine is 5 payments of $49.95, which is $249.75, not counting shipping.

You can walk in practically any craft store in America now and buy it for between $199 to $169.

I was so desperate for a project I had that I considered "borrowing it" for the 30-day trial period they advertised on tv and then returning it, but with shipping added to send and return it, plus the $49.95 I'd be out, I figured that's about 1/2 the cost of buying a new machine locally.

With that in mind, I've seen some websites for scrapbook stores that truly do rent Cricuts. Anyone ever tried that yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seriously in the market for purchasing a diecut machine and came across that infomercial yesterday. I was ready to dial in and order, but the word "Trial" kept bothering me, plus I knew the price was too good to be true. Then, there it was on their website --- FIVE payments of $49.95. How sneaky! Of course I did NOT order it. That's just not a good price, as has been mentioned. Sue
    ________
    Geo/Tracker