Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went on craigs list and for the first time, i actually bought something. the sizzix pocket die and the holly and berries die. i was so excited, especially for the pocket die. i have wanted it for so long. i sent the woman the $$, and she acknowleged receiving it. but now, 3 weeks later, i am still waiting and now she won't even acknowledge my emails. and of course i kept making excuses for her, like maybe her computer died or maybe something bad happened in her family. so now i am mad that she is doing this, and sad because i really wanted that pocket die, and i can't go elsewhere because she has my money. why oh why does things like this alaways seem to happened to me. thanks for letting me vent, off to get more coffee.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you look up her phone number? I would try and call her.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably not worth it, but you could contact the local authorities. And you obviously have her address, can you get someone to take you to her house? Confront her in person and then see how nervous she gets and what new excuses she comes up with.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never heard of Craig's List so I looked it up. Here is some information you may be interested in reading about it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craigslist

So sorry this happened to you, but I think I would try the local police too if you can. It doesn't seem that this list has any protections in it for consumers. At least ebay has an area where you can lodge a complaint if the seller doesn't send your item to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really hard to understand the mind of a person who has no conscience. I hope that you do eventually get your items and that there is good reason for the delay. I know the swaps that I haven't received have really made me uneasy to join another. How sad that a few people ruin things for everyone else. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry to hear of your low down seller. Do they have any type of feedback on there? I sell on ebay and just had my first buyer to buy, but not pay or return my emails. I really thought she would be trouble when I saw her feedback of only 2. Oh well. I have the pocket die and would be more than happy to cut as many as you need if you will let me know what you are looking for. I have TONS of paper, so please PM me and I will do it this week and mail to you.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mary, there are several things you can do in this situation:

1) Did you pay by check? Is it cashed, yet? If you did and it's not been cashed, you can stop payment.

2) Did you send payment via the U.S. Mail? If so, and you don't receive what you paid for, she's committed mail fraud. Look here.

3) You could (and should) file a complaint with CraigsList.

4) File a police report.

People like this don't get caught because they don't get reported. No matter how big or small the dollar amount, if she doesn't deliver product she's committed fraud. That's a criminal offense.

Good luck and let us know what happens!
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry that this has happened to you!! I know how craigslist can be a great thing, my hubby buys and sells cheap cars and that is how we pay our bills, so when there is a shady person on there that is just awful!! I would definatley report it and make a complaint against her. He is alseep right now or I would ask him what he would do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks so much for your help. i emailed this gal and told her that she has until friday and if i don't have my stuff or money that i would report her to the local police and to craigs list. she has not yet acknowledged my email, no surprise there

cheryl, thank you so much for your offer. i will get back with you.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked hubby and he said what everyone else said. I hope the whole thing works out for you and you get your die!