Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question about my new computer. It came with Vista and I have seen some complaints from people about it but since I didn't think I would have a new computer in forever I didn't really pay much attention. So now that it effects me personally lol I want to know what are your complaints??? We could load XP onto this new computer but some guy at my DH's work said we will all have to learn Vista eventually so might as well be now. Well that is all that it takes to make my DH listen. But the bottom line is I've heard it takes up a ton of memory, I allready know how to use XP and it is my computer, if he gets on the at home computer maybe once every couple of months. Mostly if he wants to use a computer at home he brings home his laptop. Now help me with the techno crap so I can give him a better argument than "because I said so" lol thanks!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori, you are so funny! I don't have the new Vista, so I can't help you. But since I'm looking into a new one, I'm interested in all the info you get. Diana, got a used laptop with XP, because she hated Vista.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Vista on my laptop and XP on my PC.
    Vista is annoying with all its popups and security issues and I am NEVER up to date. And it crashes here and there. But So does XP.
    Here is the crazy thing. They said Vista would take over and XP would be extinct!
    BUT now....they just made a new upgrade for XP and they are rethinking it.

Because of all the complaints.

Either way you end up with a hassle. I have to upload on my XP too.
    I don't know if you think you can get used to Vista just do it. And if not then pull the XP up. *just my opinion*

I can use the Vista without dying so I keep it on my laptop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aha! I knew there were complaints and if they are still releasing xp then that is like the kiss of death from the company. Brings to mind here drink the New coca cola! It Rocks!!! but psst if you think you might just hurl we can get you some coke classic on the sly. 1 year later....New Coke? whats that? we have Coke Classic.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori,
    I don't use Vista. (I have a Mac) So take this how you want. I have heard that Vista is incredibly slow, and has the annoying pop-ups you mentioned. My BIL, a real Windows person, was making fun of it this past week. He would never get a Mac, but he was joking that if he really wants to run Vista, he will have to get a Mac to run it on....and he really knows computers enough to use what he wants.
    My feeling is that, like you said, it will either die a quiet death, or it will be 'reinvented' and renamed and rereleased in a couple of years. JMO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I wish I could have afforded a MAC!

I remember before XP they had windows 95 and everyone thougth NT Windows NT would TAKE over the world, but it died a quick death!
    NT?? wtf is NT??

I wonder if Vista is destined to the same death??
    95 could not be taken over , my dad kept saying "You better switch to NT everyone is and 95 will be extinct!" hahahaha

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori, when DH gets home I'll let him talk (type) with you about Vista. He builds computers and we have 2 with vista and 2 with XP. I have not really seen a major difference in it. It works just the same only looks a little different because thing are labled a litter different. I was really hating getting the vista. I am a die hard XP person, but I must say I really haven't had as many issues with it as I thought. Yeah I had to eat some of my words over Vista. I've started not to really see much of a difference anymore....

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori,
    This is Tonya's DH. 1st, I would have to say, there is a difference in the versions of Vista. All but the Home Basic version has the Aero interface. As long as you have the memory (min 1GB w/o Aero and min 2GB w/ Aero) you will be perfectly fine. I could tell you more if I knew more about your set up. 2nd, To convert back to XP would be more problem/cost that what it is worth. The new versions of Windows Update keep a log on the Microsoft server of the hardware components of the computer that it is installed on, so to install XP you will either have to try to get a version from your computer manufacturer, or buy one at retail. You cannot install XP from another computer onto this one because of this. It will not authenticate. If you read the EULA, the manufacturer not the buyer owns the license for the operating system. 3rd, Microsoft will have a all new operating system set to release in late 2010. This new operating system will have all the things promised for Vista that were not delivered(i.e. new file system). I had alot of hang ups about Vista when I first saw it. My brother got a Gateway with Vista Home Premimum on it. The first time I touched it...blue screen of death. With the updates, these issues have already been fixed. I have found it to be just as reliable as XP up to this point. Yes, Vista's Aero does eat up resources. Most moderen computers are more than able to keep up. I've not had an issue with Vista on this laptop.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue,
    Tonya's DH Here.
    FYI---Windows XP and Vista are built off of Windows NT.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonya's DH--
    FYI--
    Windows Progressions
    Windows 3.1-->3.11-->95-->98-->ME-->Death

Windows 3.1 for WG-->3.11 for WG-->NT-->2000 Professional-->XP-->Vista