Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dear friends.. here is something that has just happened in my life that I would like to share with you all.

Up until two weeks ago I had three photos of myself before my marriage. One was at a cousin's birthday party when I was about 8 years old.. the next when I was about 12 years old and the other when I was about 15 years old. That was it and to my knowledge there were no other photos. I knew my mum didn't have any nor anyone else that I knew.

Two weeks ago I ran into my sister at the shops.. she said "I have something for you" and went on to tell me that an uncle who we had had no contact with for over 30 years, had died.. when his daughter was going through his belongings she found some photos of my sister, my brother and me. Oh I cannot tell you what that meant to me. My sister was loaned the originals and had made copies for me. One is when I was nearly 2 years old.. another when I four.. then about six.. and the other two were at the birthday party when I was about 8 years old.

This has been such an emotional experience for me.. I didn't even know what I looked like at 2.. to see this picture and know that the little girl there was ME.. and in that little girl I saw one of my granddaughters, Rachael.. Oh how I will cherish these photos and while I cannot journal where they were or exactly when.. I can journal the experience I've had in finding them.

Here is Angie.. just before her 2nd birthday with my sister, Kath, who would be six years old. <smile> no real Santa.. just a fake one!

love...Angie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dear friends.. here is something that has just happened in my life that I would like to share with you all.

Up until two weeks ago I had three photos of myself before my marriage. One was at a cousin's birthday party when I was about 8 years old.. the next when I was about 12 years old and the other when I was about 15 years old. That was it and to my knowledge there were no other photos. I knew my mum didn't have any nor anyone else that I knew.

Two weeks ago I ran into my sister at the shops.. she said "I have something for you" and went on to tell me that an uncle who we had had no contact with for over 30 years, had died.. when his daughter was going through his belongings she found some photos of my sister, my brother and me. Oh I cannot tell you what that meant to me. My sister was loaned the originals and had made copies for me. One is when I was nearly 2 years old.. another when I four.. then about six.. and the other two were at the birthday party when I was about 8 years old.

This has been such an emotional experience for me.. I didn't even know what I looked like at 2.. to see this picture and know that the little girl there was ME.. and in that little girl I saw one of my granddaughters, Rachael.. Oh how I will cherish these photos and while I cannot journal where they were or exactly when.. I can journal the experience I've had in finding them.

Here is Angie.. just before her 2nd birthday with my sister, Kath, who would be six years old. <smile> no real Santa.. just a fake one!

love...Angie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Angie... that is so wonderful!!!
    I am so happy you received these photos.
    You were absolutely adorable!!
    Thanks for the message. I have been planning to do a book of "me" and need to get the pics in order.
    Maria
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THat brought tears to my eyes just reading it. How wonderful for you that you have gotten these photos of yourself as a child. Thank you so much for sharing!! I will look at my childhood photos in a different way now and cherish the ones I do have.

I plan on a book too of "me" growing up and becoming who I am today. Someday!!

Katy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and look how cute!
    What a wonderful story to journal.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh angie, you've brought a tear to my eye. after losing almost all of my childhood photos in a fire, i treasure old photos more than ever. thanks for sharing, and that is a great story to journal.
    *Mary*

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sooo happy for you! I cannot imagine not having pics of my self as a child!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is very cool!!! When i left my prev husband, i literally w/the clothes on my back and i LOST ALOT OF PRECIOUS pictures!! B/C of that,i don't have DD's sonogram anymore and alot of her childhood pictures I'm soo happy for you!!!! Makes me smile!! Especially knowing that you're reunited w/an old photo.. I know the emotions you are going through.. How exciting!! *sniff*sniff*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy, I went thru the same experience and lost a lot of my pictures. Often I think of one picture in particular and then remember that I don't have it any longer.

Angie, it's wonderful that you now have pictures from your childhood, luckily I made off with a few and will treasure them always.
    Mickie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie, I'm so happy for you. I've never thought about how it would be to not know what you looked like growing up.
    Lynn