Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

West Coast Scrapping Gathering

Ok, I thought that I would separate the scrapping retreats so that they will not get confused. If you are interested in gathering in Salt Lake City for a retreat, please post here. Here are the following posts we have had so far...

Hey Bonnie, ScrappySam, and those on the west coast, would you be willing/able to participate if I put together a scrapping long weekend here in Salt Lake City? It is a seventeen hr. drive from Seattle... If we did one in the spring or at the end of summer, when tourist season is over, (rates are better then), I could arrange with one of the large scrapbooking stores to host our scrap and to teach some classes. There is also a hotel where I have participated in a scrap that will give us a large conference room if we book rooms there. And we could take a day to shop or go through some of the LSS. Or IF we are gathered on the right day of the week, I could take you to the Provo Craft outlet store...sometimes they have great bargains, sometimes not...luck of the draw. I would be willing to help coordinate a special weekend for all of us. Let me know if any of you would be wanting to do this.

And for those who want to know, this is a Delta hub, in Salt Lake City, so there are lots of flights available.

Judy

---------------------

SLC - is way more doable than St Louis for me.

bonnie
    ---------------------

Judy!!! I'd love it! I can get a direct flight from Bellingham to SLC -- the outlet shopping would be awesome & SLC being the "place" of so many scrappy stores that be fun! This is doable for me. sam Smiler

SrappySam
    ---------------------

You west coast gals, I would be interested in hopping a plane in that direction. Gives me yet another reason to travel, so please keep me in the loop for that one too.
    tia
    Donna

------------------------
    Well, the plate just got a little complicated. But, it is still doable, depending on when the majority of gals, er ah ladies, opps! women, ahhhh people, I mean human beings (whichever label is PC!! Big Grin Winkwant to come.

Steve just began finalizing our plans to go to Zambia. We would be gone from around the 4th of July to the end of the month. So, I would say that the last week of June through July is off limits for a retreat. And I am heading up a bazaar in April. If we can plan around these events, I can see what is available for rates at a local hotel and involvement with a good scrapbooking shop.

So, let's see who is interested and what time of the year this event would fit into everyone's schedules? Let me know your thoughts...I'm gonna need all the help I can get! Big Grin

Judy

--------------------------

quote:
    the majority of gals, er ah ladies, opps! women, ahhhh people, I mean human beings (whichever label is PC!!

how about: SAS scrappers - ??

May? SLC can get mighty hot towards the end of summer - I'd be glad to help out with whatever I can do from here. *** If I remember correctly, there is a HUGE scrapbook Expo in SLC sometime the end of April/beginning of May that is totally AWESOME! I went a few years ago and the bargains could not be beat (picked up brass embossing templates for $1 - etc.) We may have to check that out and see if it's coming again and when. Smiler sam

-------------------------------------

We have a couple of scrapbook fairs in the year here and they are hard to keep straight. I think the one is in February but, if there is one in May that would be perfect! And if you get there early and are the first 200 or so, you get some great freebies, too. Let's look into that. Otherwise, I have three scrapbooking stores, in particular, that are really good at having classes and bring in teachers from CM, Provo Craft, and other scrapbooking businesses in the area. If nothing else, we could just take a day and play 'connect-the-scrapbooking stores' and visit many of them, too. There are all kinds of possibilities...

But, May would be OK with me And I think that in the first half of the month one would still get 0ff-season prices.

Judy
    -------------------------

This maybe what you're thinking of:
    scrapbook expo
    Carol

------------------

Yep, that is the biggie. Maybe we could focus on these dates if you all would like. The bazaar is still in its infancy since it is the first year we are going to do this. I can just plan it for a later date in April or the 1st of May. How does this sound,? Would you all just like to attend the expo? You certainly would have lots of fun!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooohhhhhhhhhh this just got interesting!! I know my family would love love to see me again and it'll be great for them to see Sara and Rick! Hmmm gotta think things over now!

I need a definate date..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, does American fly in there? DH worked for the airlines and i could fly in standby, so if the middle of the country and the west coast are at different times, it could be a possibility to do both. I would LOVE a trip to the Provo Craft outlet.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't do the beginning of May bu the end of May or late summer would work for me.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, American, has some flights here, also, as well as Southwest.

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know my DH and I are looking into a trip to Sedona, Arizona for the first week in April, so a later trip would be better as I don't want to use up all of my vacation in a matter of two months.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so jealous!

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're talking a weekend with a few days before or after it's doable for me as long as I don't have the trial going on. Actually anytime would work as long as I have enough notice.

Val you must find a way to make it there, will be such fun.

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know my DH and I are looking into a trip to Sedona, Arizona for the first week in April, so a later trip would be better as I don't want to use up all of my vacation in a matter of two months.
    bonnie
    Ah Bonnie - we also are checking out Sedona for the first of April - how funny to meet up in Arizona! sam

Judy - I would love a SLC scrapper's retreat - it sounds like a few might come, depending on dates, etc. Let's keep talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, you guys! You sure know how to rob someone of their sleep! I kept waking up all night with thoughts about this retreat!

Would September be too late? This would allow those of you some time between your summer activities and this. The rates for hotels and things will be a bit cheaper from the second week of September until they open for skiing season, here.

And the LSS of choice would be one that shares a meandering outdoor mall with a Super TJMAXX, a Tuesday Morning, Robert's Craft Store, Mervyn's, and a few other little shops and grocery store. The scrapbooking store, itself, has a full room of sizzux-type of cutters and plates to use, if you purchase paper there. And there is a nice supply of rubber stamps, inks, supplies, and TONS of papers. This shop owner also brings in teaching reps from the local mags and businesses. So, if this sounds interesting to you, I will go talk to her and see how far in advance we need to book her work and teaching room.

There are two other shops that I would consider, also. They both offer large scrapping rooms. One store is a wonderful place to be and is my favorite and is the newest of the three I like. They certainly would take care of us! However, I don't know if they have the 'strings' for bigger name teachers. Yet, some of their projects are lovely and affordable to do. They have a good balance of every aspect of scrapbooking supplies. And the plus is that they are close to fast food joints if you need a quick bite to eat. So, I will talk with the owner of this one, also. The last of the three stores is pleasant enough but, I am least familiar with the staff and their projects.

And Cass and those who would like to come but would find it hard to do so, is there anything that can be done to help make it easier for you to? Is there a time of the year where it would be easier for you to get a sitter for your kids? Or could some of you carpool and share traveling expenses to come? I would consider, for those on a limited budget, to give you a bed and meal for the duration of your stay, if it would make the difference of you coming or not. I have two guest rooms ( or will have when I finish taking my scrapbooking room back downstairs). And we have an inflatable bed we can put in the unfinished downstairs. And I think I have a cot or two, also. So, if you are not demanding and don't care about your surroundings, you could hang at my house.

Judy

Judy
    Judy