Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay ladies,

I decided to educate myself about powerpoint. To see why people where using it and how. So, I checked out the powerpoint 2003 for dummies at the library. I'm no dummy but it breaks those manual books down a lot easier.

Okay chapters chapter 15, 14, 11, and 10 made me understand the reasoning for using this software for digital scrapbooking. The other chapters are helpful but these directly applied to my questions. So, if you are planning on using powerpoint, definitely borrow the book to help navigate the software.
    samantha

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a lot of PowerPoint, and I guess I can see using it for scrapbooking, but I think there are better programs available. Not to say it won't work for you.

What I really wanted to say is, when I went to some of the digital site galleries the other day, I noticed everyone has to post what program they used to create the layout. That would be another good source for finding out what software is available for digital scrapbooking.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true. I have limited resources. So, I have use what I have on hand. I also have to check with the designers of the free kits before using them since I will be using them to make scrapbooks for my students. Some designers don't want you to use their stuff if they are for a school or church.
    samantha

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never would have thought to use PowerPoint for scrapbooking. But thinking back to the class I just had on it, I can see how it might be a great program if that's the only one you had available.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought you had to a digital scrapbooking software specifically designed for the hobby. I use to be a part of group that did digital scrapbooking using powerpoint and publisher. I kept asking "why" and "how" but they never could understand why I kept asking.

I finally got a book from the library. Now, I understand. Since my program I teach at has powerpoint and publisher I have to use what I have on hand. So, I am trying to figure out which is better. Powerpoint or publisher. I know a lot of people are looking into digital scrapbooking for this hobby. I think sharing information is the only way we can learn which product we need for our level of skill.
    samantha