Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I want a wishblade..DH says I can have one and he will buy it for me. I have been reading that they are difficult to work...can someone help me make up my mind? I already have a cricut and a sizzix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I want a wishblade..DH says I can have one and he will buy it for me. I have been reading that they are difficult to work...can someone help me make up my mind? I already have a cricut and a sizzix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Wishblade and am also 1/7 owner of a Cricut with friends. I love both machines. The Cricut is nice because it's a little faster in that you can just insert a cartridge and program the size, insert paper and cut although you do have to buy cart's at $50 to $90 each. The WB is a little slower since you have to choose your font, etc. but it will cut any true type font or dingbats and the new ones will actually weld letters together plus shadow them - at no extra cost. At present, the WB only cuts 8 1/2" wide paper while the new Cricut ($500 - not out yet) will cut 12" paper. Sorry for the confusion but it's too hard to choose. In a perfect world, I would want both - new pink WB and new 12" Cricut but if only one, then the WB due to the cost savings.
    Ms. Merry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that the WB isn't difficult. You just need to follow the tutorials on the Yahoo Groups Message Board (Wishblade). I was installed and cutting in less than 30 minutes.
    Ms. Merry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the WB is difficult either. Using the tutorials, it's really easy to figure it all out. What I like most about it, is that I'm not limited to just the cartridges or dies that I might have available. It's pretty easy to "draw" your own designs for it.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a WB also and love it. I don't know all there is to know as yet and hace not spent much time with it but there are so many free fonts out there that you can use.

Judy have you made any of your own templates?
    Would love to see what you've done. I have not had enough time to get into that yet but really want to. I have not used my sizzix since I bought my WB.

I also purchased my WB from the gal from the Yahoo wb group. She's wonderful to work with and very dependable and helpful.

Think if you invest in one you'll love it.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I viewed the online video for the new Cricut today at Provocraft, and they made a point of the USB port on BOTH models allowing for upgrade to come...that they aren't there yet, but are working on it and will announce when ready. Not real clearcut, but the rumor is it will hook up and do computer fonts much as the WishBlade. Since I'm on a Mac, I'm not sure it if will do me any good. Personally, I'm waiting to see what develops with the slice (tinnus.com). It is supposed to do Windows AND Mac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the new pink one and love it! Ditto to the WB boards to get up and running fast. Whoever wrote the manual did not write for the average computer user, but the good news is that the ladies who wrote the tutorials write in plain english .

I've been making my own diecuts and that is easy once you know how to do it. You can learn that from the tutorials, plus the women over there are 'very' helpful. You can also trace images to make your own diecuts too, then you can make them any size you need. You aren't limited to pre-programed sizes or pre-made sizes on dies. Way cool machine!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree completely with all those wonderful positive thoughts about the WB. I have the older blue one and recently got the WinPC Scrapbook software. Now I can weld letters easily and no more extra software, but the new one does that automatically. I don't think we'll ever be able to stay caught up with this technology. Kind of like computers. But isn't it fun trying?
    Ms. Merry