Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been having a lot of fun with my digi-scrapping and it has really got me moving in reorganizing my photos and negatives! But I've run into a little hang-up and I'm hoping my buds here can help me out.

I have been finding my old negatives, placing them in negative sheets and labeling with dates. Then I find the corresponding photos and arrange in order, place in an evelope and label with the same dates.

Next I will gather all the photos without negatives, usually those sent by sil or mom, and put these in order by dates.

Then I want to actualy place into sets by event, so that photos of the same event are all together, and jot some notes on the envelope. The idea is that eventually, I will scrap these, but since I have about 35 yrs worth of photos, realistically, the scrapping me never be completed.

Sooo...what I want is some photo-safe envelopes that will hold up to 30 4x6 prints. (I tried organizing about 10 yrs ago, before I got into scrapbooking, and knew to use photo-safe materials. Some of those photos are already yellowed at the edges.) I have found envelopes from PrintFile for about $12 per 25, but I figure I have at least 25 events per year for 35 years, which means spending about $500 for envelopes that I HOPE will be temporary storage.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about envelopes. I used the photo boxes to put mine in and have done about the same thing to them, except I separated mine by each child and family ones. I really want to get them all done also, but don't know if I'll ever accomplish it. I love to digi scrap and probably would lean in that direction, but I have absolutely too many supplies in paper scrapping not to use them, so I'll have to do both.
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lynn,
    I'm pretty much in the same position as you as far as supplies go. But I also have a couple of thousand prints lying around. That's why I kind of came to a decision yesterday. I'm going to paper-scrap the old photos, and consider digi-scrapping the digital-era photos...those taken with my digi-camera. I'm not quite sure I will like the effect once printed though, so I'm thinking I'll print some 8x8's and give my daughter the book. If I like how it turned out, I'll print the fulll-size 12x12's

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done any journaling on them until I scrap them.
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't before now, but I find I'm not remembering the circumstances of all the pictures after 30 years. So I'm wanting to at least jot down some memory joggers for when I get a chance to scrap. Also, having aquired my grandma's album dating from the 1920's, I want to be sure if I never get around to formal scrapping, my children or grandchildren will still know what was happening at this point in time. That's why I want envelopes to help with my organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have years of photos to scrap...try about 65 years worth. I hope I soon get them done. I also use the photosafe boxes with dividers with dates and notes. I had about 8 of them full of photos over the last 10 years only. I about have them emptied. So I'm moving photos out of 3 large cardboard boxes into the photosafe boxes. I have also decided that those really bad photos that years ago it was a sin to toss, are getting tossed.

The envelope system would take up too much space for me.
    Judith