Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so you know that my dgs finally has a job. We are charging him $50 a week as long as he lives here (encouraging him to get his own place all the time). When I 1st told him, he said ok, no problem. Well, now he's gotten his 2nd paycheck & I asked him for his "rent" money. He said "I thought it was $50 a month!" He's not real happy about that much a week so he's really wanting to find his own place now with his best friend. He's about to have a rude awakening when he gets into the REAL world!
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol - He's going to find out that $50 a week sounds really good.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is so funny. $200 a month is awesome. Wait until he adds in power-gas-water to the mix.

Good luck!!!
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and food and having to pick up after himself, cook, clean, laundry, etc. etc. Good life lessons.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the two of them will have a hard time finding a place with 2 bedrooms for $400 a month. My DS has been looking for a year in our small town and all he can find for that is a dirty, nasty singlewide. So he can up the amount he's paying you by at least $150 a month. Then watch him hollar. I love it when kids get out into the real world and the culture shock. They have no idea and nothing we say can prepare them.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to stifle a major laugh attack the first time I went to my DD's new apt. when she asked us to take our shoes off because the carpet was beige and hard to clean...what a concept! Actually 3-

1- take off your shoes
    2- carpets actually have to be cleaned
    3- beige is hard to clean

In that one little request she came a few centimeters closer to becoming ...dun dun dun- ME her mother!

-and made her first step towards repeating that phrase at least 7 million more times in her life!

She's so tight with money now she squeaks.

She cuts out coupons- and uses them!

She's cut down on showers.

She only does large laundry loads (did you know they're more economical??)- in fact she takes her laundry to the laundromat and uses the jumbo washer & dryer- SAVES $$. WOW! WHo'da thunk it!

AS funny as it is, I'm just glad she's getting it. Some folks never do and can't keep a roof over there head and their bills paid- so I am very proud of her!

Judy- your DGS will definitely be stricken with major culture shock, but the shock will hopefully do him good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christi, so funny. Been there, my kids did that!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, Christi. I can't wait for him to learn about real life! He thinks washing his clothes is throwing a pair of jeans & a shirt in the machine. We can't wait for our water bill to cut back when he moves! He & his friend should be able to get a fairly good 2 bedroom for $500-$600 around here. But of course, there are all those other expenses too.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a shock to him. He wouldn't be able to get away with $200 a month for anything now days.

Christi---I too became my mother and she just laughs. I would call from college and talk about how awful my spoiled roommates were. I can hear me now--"mom, Sandi stands with frig opens for hours and Lydia washs certain things all by themselves because they are delicate and Wendy will start the dishwasher just to get one thing clean". They all called me "mom" after a few months of living together.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a hoot!! Parents everywhere need to read and post a story. I love the old "bringing the laundry home from college to be done on the weekend" routine. 5 or 6 loads to be done between noon Saturday and noon Sunday. And the kid will be visiting with friends and too busy to help. Bless their little hearts. Mine have children now. HEE! HEE!