Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw some magnetic containers on the show Mission Organization when they were organizing a craft room. They were clear and had magnet on bottom and they put them on the wall on thin sheet of metal. Did anyone else see this or know where I can find the clear containers or an idea of how to make them??
    ~Joy~

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the show but I didnít see that one. They usually use the container store. So I did a search on there site and this is what I came up with, they look pretty neat. Here is the link to the page they are on http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?PROD...=4191650&itemIndex=1 If for some reason it does not work there item number is 10033228 I hope this works for you.

Another idea if you just need small containers wal-mart sells mini boxes they kind of look like tic tac boxes they come in a set of 24 for $4.95 and you could hot glue magnets to the back of them. But they are small for thing such as brads and eyelets. Just an idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you soooo very much for that website. That is the exact container I am looking for.. however, they are a little expensive.. so might go with your other idea which is great. Thanks again.
    ~Joy~

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that show and I did the same thing I looked online but never found them. WOW thanks Scrappenfool. you only get 4 for 2 dollars. I might try your iead or something like it. I am starting to redo my work area to make it more user friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you mentioned the idea of doing it myself with small containers/magnets.. I have also been looking now for something to stick them to. One idea I have come up with is a metal yardstick (3 bucks at WM). Anyone have any other ideas of a cheaper way to go with what put on the wall to put the magnets on? I also thought about a cheap cookie sheet (but would have to be sure was one magnet sticks to).
    ~Joy~

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also look at Home Depot for something like some sort of tin maybe like what they put up for ceilings, would that work or no? just a suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that site they have got some cool stuff in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any of you have an IKEA near you, they sell metal bands that are about 2"x2', with magnets on them for about $2-3. cookie sheets would work as well. If you can, take pictures so we can see what was done.

FYI: I use the giveaway magnets when I make that sort of stuff, Glue-Dots work well to adhere the magnet to the stuff, but be generous with the strip of magnet.
    Laura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are all some great ideas. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great idea about the metal yard stick!! must keep that in mind