Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious if anybody other than suppliers has been able to make money off of their creations, or if it is simply a hobby for personal enjoyment.

A person I know got involved as a rep for Heritage Makers--something I don't quite get, and she hoped to make a living off of that.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny that you posted this. Someone just approached me today and asked if would be interested in doing a craft fair selling premade scrapbooks or premade pages. I am not sure if it would do well. Has anyone attempted this?
    "If it's unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!"

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do mine for personal enjoyment. I thought about selling Creative Memories at one time. I didn't because there were more and more places to buy items, like WM, HL, Mike's. Now even Krogers has SBing items. It makes it hard on the LSS's and independent sales people.

I wish your friend good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sold a few layouts on ebay, and I sold a couple of pocket books at a craft show, and I have a couple books that I need to make for a couple of people, but I didn't make most money out of it
    Tracy
    Tracy

goals for 2010
    Organize my photos
    Organize phote files on computer
    Scrapbook for myself
    catch up on scrapbooking old photos
    make all the cards I need for the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a very small amount of money for the Design Team layouts I do for the LSS here, plus all the supplies I need to make each one. I get to keep my layouts afterwards so my materials are free. The store also makes albums for people and I forget how much she charges per page.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my mom and I owned our store we did pages for people and we charged $13 a page plus supplies. most places charge $20 to $25 a page plus supplies. I enjoyed doing it, but found I was not getting any of my pages done.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nybody other than suppliers has been able to make money off of their creations, or if it is simply a hobby for personal enjoyment.

A person I know got involved as a rep for Heritage Makers--something I don't quite get, and she hoped to make a living off of that.
    I actually did a baby book for someone I use to babysit for when I was in college a couple of years ago. She paid me $50 and she bought all the supplies.

I have been told I should sell the cards I scrap, but I don't know if I ever would. My husband bought a domain name for me so he can make me a website to do so.

Hope that answered your question.
    http://staceybug.blogspot.com/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/Staceybug

"The man who stands tallest is the man who bends to help a child."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also sell some on Etsy.

I actually sold a few cards at a neighborhood yard sale this year. I just put them out to see if anyone would be interested. I only charged $2 each.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that making special scrapbooks, mini-albums, accordian-styled photo cards, etc would sell nicely at bazaars but the time and the amount you would need would be a time-consuming effort. It is my opinion that coupling with one or two others, who would like to make and sell papercraft items, and sharing a booth would be a good solution to selling these things. This way you would have different items with different themes and character to them, making the booth more appealing to a larger amount of customers. And it would make it more feasible to have a good supply of stock on hand to sell. The down side is that, as with most craft fair and bazaar situations, there is the likely hood that you may only break even or make a small to modest profit.

The 'plus' side to doing a craft fair is that you can take orders for speciality items or become someone's personal scrapbooker, per say. You will also gain local exposure for your work and, if you do another bazaar, you will build a customer base. You will also get personal satisfaction from the joy of creating things that people like. And if you plan to do this, make sure that you have a business card ready to hand out with your business name and info on what you 'specialize' in such as personally made blank scrapbooks or single page layouts, etc. Give the impression that you are a 'professional' and expert in what you do.

My suggestion would be to do both bazaars and publishing. The more things you get published, the more recognized your work will be ( and locally, you can promote yourself with samples of what has been published, if it has been released back to you or is in a current or past magazine.) and the more you can charge for
    projects that people want to hire you to do for them. And because people like to be associated with 'popular'/'famous' people, if they know that you are a published scrapbooker, they will be willing to pay more for product, if it has your name in it or made by you. (It is a very weird experience to be asked to autograph something for someone...I've had to do this on more than one occasion....very weird...).

It would be worth a try doing a craft fair. The ones that I have gone to have had hardly any scrapbooking items for sale except for cards. You may have an open-field in regard to doing books and such. Give it a try!
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrapbooking just keeps me sane (or as sane as I can be) it's a great diversion and hobby. Since it takes so much time and effort to try to please other people, I don't think I'd try selling personal pages or albums for profit, then it becomes a business and not a hobby for myself. But, that being said, I do make some $$ for publishing my work - that's kinda fun.

My DD uses scrapbooking materials to make jewlery and has become very successful at it. The material costs are very low - the labor has become an assembly line & she makes very good money doing it. She sells on Etsy, during the local December fairs, in shops around town & at the University here. She does spend a lot of time being the business woman, getting her product out there.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do with your scrapbooking talent.

sam