Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, debating since we're taking my car tomorrow to pack up all my sb stuff and take it with me to Indy. Problem one forseeing I forget something I need

Problem 2 don't know which room we're in and finding space to work in.

Problem 3 lots and lots of friggin kids! I excepect at least one new baby I think in the 6 years I've been going there's been at least one a year

Problem 4 will I really get to use it? hmm well I could pack the gift I ment to make her last year and maybe MAYBE if we remember to take pics during Thanksgiving dinner and we get them sent to 1hr wallgreens or cvs whatever MIL uses I can finally scrap one of the Thanksgivings I've been to

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say leave it behind... You dont want to be busy while everyone else is have Thanksgiving. What if you forget to pack something on your return trip and scrapbooking supplies are left in Indy.

**unless you know others there that scrap and could be fun, but if you are the only one locked in a room not so much fun(you can do that any old time)....

The choice is yours but, I say take photos and enjoy the fun and memories with everyone, we only see them for a short time so take it all in while you can.

ok there I gave you my 3 pennys....

Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm at least 12 or more children yeah eventually I'm going to be hiding out in a room by myself

I kinda thought some of the girls would like to stamps stuff. That way they can test out all my old ink pads LOL

that and I don't know what we're doing Friday and Saturday. I could probably get a whole LO in by the time it takes my MIL to get ready to go somewhere

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Janice. Don't take your stuff with you. Take a book instead. If you get to the point where you feel the need to hide out somewhere, you could read.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or better yet if you're there for the weekend use the excuse to go shopping! Am sure there must be some things in Indy that you can't find where you live. Right??
    Most of all try to have fun.
    Happy Turkey Day

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long will you be there? Maybe at least take enough for a few pages if you have ideas in mind. Or just take your fall/thanksgiving themed stuff and premake lo for the photos you take this weekend, or stop in a 1-hr. If you have room, better to have it and not use it than not have it and wish you did. That's my motto (and also while I end up with 3 bags for me for a weekend jaunt!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say leave it home. You don't want to appear rude by avoiding everyone. Enjoy you family while you still have them!
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there will be all those kids, I don't know how you will find room to scrap. Leave it and take several books.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I took several books too. It ended up being pretty good. Only my neice and nephew were there the whole time. With my shopping stuff i bought more cardstock so my neice sat with me and stamped and I played with stuff. My MIL was in the dining room cutting up a pattern she bought for a jacket she's making her husbands Mother. I got the Christmas Present I was going to do for her last year done so it was a good thing I brought all that stuff so I had enough adhesive and dots and stuff Could have done with out quite a bit though

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least you got to do a little bit. I've been home since Wednesday with the kids and haven't had a chance to do any scrapbooking. I was hoping to at least do one layout, but they don't ever leave me alone. I even wanted to take a nap today because I've been sick and they wouldn't let me do that. It's getting a bit frustrating. We did do several crafts together, but I wanted to scrapbook so badly.
    Oh, when I go visit my parents I bring my laptop to work on digital pages. That way I don't have to lug all my stuff.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]