Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K. admit it you all have done a similar thing.
    I packed up all my stuff-well not all(that's just not possible) but a stuffed roller bag and 2 carry bags full. I'm excited, I'm stoked, I whizzed thru my clients to get off work early, I buy snacks to share(feeling guilty cause I havn't had time this week to bake) I am hyped up on starbucks, my mind is racing as to what LO's I will work on tonight, it's gonna be an allnighter and I'm ready like spongbob! I pull in to my friends house thrilled that her dh is always there to help us unload all our stuff, there's no one here yet, hum I must be early, the garage door is not open, and no light on, where is everyone? it is saturday?! it's 7?! Recheck my calendar. Oh I have lost my mind! The crop for the 1st switched to the 8th and the meet for the 18th got switched to the 11th. There is so much going on and changing dates I can't keep up. I have lost my mind and now that I can catch up on sleep I am too wound up! Please someone admit it! Admit that you have done a similar craziness! I don't want to be crazy alone!
    A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww, your not crazy unless the rest of us are , just join the club.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The club has just gotten bigger welcome aboard.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! I have done the same thing!
    I showed up at my friend's house for our monthly stamping club with all my stuff on the wrong day. Boy, that was embarrising! Now I call her first to make sure. LOL!!
    "If it's unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call it a (whatever) moment,...like a senior moment. That's my excuse and I'm standing by it.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you my personal worst. Back when dd was in 7th grade, and both kids were swimming USS. It was team picture night AND parent conference night at school. I whizzed the kids to the pool for pix, insisting to all that they be 1st for individuals since I had to get to the conference at 8:00. Got done with pix, picked up McDonalds, took the kids home and realized I was running early and had half an hour before I had to leave the house for conference. So I got a diet coke, sat down and turned on tv....andan hour and 15 min later realized I had MISSED the CONFERENCE!

That is when you know you are stressed, ladies! So everyone slow down, quit overscheduling, and enjoy the season!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I think we have all done something like this before - too much going on!!! If I don't write it down, it doesn't get done :-)

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was the only one who had these moments until about 8:00 this morning. I sent announcements that our club would meet on Monday instead of the usual day. I wrote the DAY and DATE in great big letters. The caller called to say she would be there but in the conversation I caught a problem. She had read as far as we would meet but skipped the day and date. I guess next time I'll really really enlarge the day and date. And maybe the time.
    It's good we can laugh over these little things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - well my 14 year old DS did it to himself this weekend.

He had to be at his HS before 7:00 a.m. this past Saturday for a wrestling meet at another local HS where weigh-in was at 8:00. He informed me they were meeting at the school to take a BUS. So I have him at the school at 6:50, only one other parent was there so I waited. About 20 mins later more parents arrived and waited in their vehicles as well as the coach. Willie got out of the car to talk with his buddies. I yelled at Willie that I was going back home to shower and the coach came to me and said the meet starts at 10:00 at the other HS. Great. Willie grabbed his gear and stayed at the school and I went home.

I get out of the shower still dripping wet and the phone rings, my DS asking me to come get him. Huh? What happened to the BUS? Just come get me. I told him he would have to wait. My DH jumps out of bed and showers and 20 mins later we go back to pick him up. He has another wrestling buddy waiting for him. I race to the other school (mind you this school is a good 30 mins away) and it is already 8:00.

I told my son that if he misses weigh-in he won't be wrestling. Guess what? Yup, he missed it. I asked him again about the BUS. The coach hears me and says, I never said anything about a BUS and I told Willie he could ride with me. Okay Willie, why didn't you just catch a ride with another parent?

I hope it was a good learning experience for him. I felt so bad for him all day because he has been practicing hard and he missed out, however, the only person to blame is himself. And his friend that also rode with us didn't have his singlet (uniform) to wear so he would not have been able to wrestle either. KIDS!!!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ladies! It's nice to know I am not crazy alone.
    My DH laughed at me when I told him and that I think have adult ADD and need drugs.
    Hey if it weren't for moments like this what would we laught at!!
    A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.