Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, Ladies, how many of you braved the early morning hours to shop today? And were there really bargins, or just draw cards to get you into the stores?

I spent my morning completing my 28 altered CDs and am waiting for them to dry, then we went shopping at 4:30 PM. I figgured that the crazies would be out of the stores by that time. We only went to KMart as they advertized toys at 2/$5. They did have some great sales and I finished buying for 3 DGS and my DD.

After dinner of leftovers(no cooking!!) I began on my christmas cards list and got through the O's or about 90 cards. So my day was quite productive.

So how did you spend your day?
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was up at 4 am & DD Rachel and I shopped ourselves into a near state of collapse!

We were standing in line at JCP and I said "let's have lunch!" when Rach pointed out to me that it was only 7:30am!!! We did breakfast instead LOL!

I got a lot of deals, but the crowd in Walmart was overwhelming, claustrophobia inducing, world's rudest bunch of shoppers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY neighbor and her sister were lined up outside of Belks for one of their gift cards at 5 AM and a driverr told everyone to move out of her way, then she gunned the engine of her car, and ran over the foot of the sister and knocked her down and when the police came, she whinned about getting out of the ticket and if her insurance was going up and never once asked about the woman she hit. The sister was taken by ambulance to the emergency room and later released. She is bruised, but fine. The driver was in her gown, robe and curlers and had just dropped someone off at the door.

That is the reason I waited till all the crazies wore themselves out and went home.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I slept in

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went grocery shopping about 9:30 am. Apparently black friday is a great day for grocery shopping because hardly anyone else was, LOL. We went to the Mall in the evening to buy hubby a new cell phone. It actually wasn't too bad.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I helped my DD at her booth for the Holiday Artist Faire -- great, fun customers, they were glad they were not out in the crazy Friday door busters. DD did very well for the first day - I'm out of here to help for day 2.

sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam glad to hear she is doing good at the faire. And the customers are fun!
    I took care of the grandkids so my DD could go for a while. She went to Toys R Us and stood in line for 1hr and 10 mins to checkout! That is terrible even on black friday! Since I worked retail for 11 yrs that was not acceptable even on black friday and people was saying they would not come there again because of the wait. She heard that in several stores about how unhappy people were with them.

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everone else slept late and I tiptoed around doing stuff so they would sleep as long as they could so I had peace and quiet. Did some chores, worked on talking DH into new washer and dryer (I think it's starting to take lol) we have a 16 year old set that you can only do a medium load on if you want it to actually wash rather than just wet the clothes. We did go to the stores midafternoon when I figured the craziness was over and they were all home having a nap. Either it was slow or it was all over because we even got close parking spaces. Got some gifts done but pretty much it was a fact finding mission to see what Elise was really drawn to since she says to every stinkin' comercial "Mama can I get that for Christmas?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DD4, DGS, and I started to deck the halls . I never do Black Friday- the people are crazy enough with just regular shopping, lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shopping for me. My DH and I have a lovely Black Friday tradition . . . we rake our yard. Seriously, in the town we live the city comes by 4 times during the fall and winter with a big truck to suck up all the leaves. We have to have them at the street on certain days. Since we have so many leaves it is the only way to do it. Our day is always the Monday after Thanksgiving.

We live about 10 miles from one of the biggest malls in the state, but I never get out of the house on Black Friday. People are insane around here. Last year a lady was trampled when the mall opened. I'll just pass, thanks.