Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: It's done!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done and it all worked out just like the posters said it would. Everyone had a great time~they were here partying until 4:00 AM! Lots of comments on how nice everything looked. DH put in a LOT of extra hours to get it all finished-he's an awesome guy and I did well choosing him as a mate! So glad it's over and really appreciate all the support from those here.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done and it all worked out just like the posters said it would. Everyone had a great time~they were here partying until 4:00 AM! Lots of comments on how nice everything looked. DH put in a LOT of extra hours to get it all finished-he's an awesome guy and I did well choosing him as a mate! So glad it's over and really appreciate all the support from those here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I just don't understand testosterone. Good luck.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everything always seem to happen at once. Good luck, but I bet everything will eventually fall into place. Also people will understand that you are in the middle of a big remodeling project. Venting is the first step to getting it under control. I'm sure you will handle it and the celebration will be fun. Could you move the celebration? That might solve some of you problems. I'll be thinking of you during the next two weeks.
    Judith

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you live?? I'd be willing to roll my sleeves up and help out.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like your hubby and mine are related!!! That is TOTALLY something he would pull on me!
    My best advice... breathe in....breathe out....and take it one day at a time.....you never know what your tomorrow holds!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion...They are all the same! This is something my hubby would do and we are supposed to just sit back and help out. HA!
    Dorothy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who KNows how their minds work. I think they do it just to drive us CRAZY. I have soo much that has to be done here. Move out of my room (to get it painted so my son can move into) move my son out of his room (so we can paint it for the baby) Paint OUR new room, Plus Get this house ready for company in 4 weeks for the shower. (My SISTER insisted on having) and GET the yard ready so we can have 30 some odd people out there. (we have no grass, just dirt.) and what does my husband work on each night????? Rearranging the walls in the basement. (for what??? i have NO CLUE) on top of that we still have to finish my mothers apartment (which is right off my house) give her a Kitchen so she stops complaining that she can't cook, and Fence off a section of the backyard so they (her and my LOUSY sister) can have their own entrance. (sister is MAIN source of stress around here).

I think they just like to start projects at the worst time to annoy us...... (sorry my bit of venting from all the stress this week)

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been on for awhile-been up to my ears in paint (literally). Kids had so much paint on them when we went to church last night they looked like they'd never seen a bathtub. But they did get a lot painted and they had a good time doing it.

Breathing helped! Thanks for letting me unload a little stress. The comments put things in perspective. Seems like a lot of this is just a male genetic trait.

Cheryl-thanks for the offer! We live in SD, so I'm afraid the trip would be too far to jog over! If you ever need a hand and I can help with something-give me a holler.

I feel so bad Avonchick! You have so much more on your plate to deal with, and here I am complaining about mine! Living with relatives-WOW! Either you're on your way to sainthood or you're already there.

As an update-the roofing crew came and they actually finished the thing in a week's time. Most of the mess is picked up in the yard (still bare dirt with a few blades of grass peeking through now, but a lot better than tar being tracked in on the floors and carpets). Most of the painting inside is finished and the trim is almost done-only 3 pieces to go. We need to change a couple of the hinges on cabinets, but overall it's starting to look like people actually live here. The food and decorations are the next objectives, but it's looking a lot better now.

(I'm sorry it's not better for you yet Avonchick! Hang in there. Just getting it out can help with the stress-at least a little bit!)

Thanks everyone~