Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    used this or do you have it? It was on the craftweekly show when they did the fan card. oh think it would be an awesome tool, but a bit pricey!
    TIA
    Donna
    http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...4717.733.0.0.0

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm, what's the difference in that and a regular hole punch? I know you can get the ones that make the small holes.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my scrapping buddies swears by this tool - her's is a Japanese Screw Punch. It will punch through anything like the description says. You can punch anywhere, whereas a hole punch you would be limited as to how far in you can punch.
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what they showed on the video and it looks like it just works like a charm.
    I may have to think about it for a while then splurge.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

B in L.A.
    I can't find it right now, but there's a similar tool that's sold by a scrapbooking place. The only problem is, it only punches through paper, while the Japanese screw punch punches thicknesses up to bookboard depth.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Japanese screw punches are great. I've gone back and forth for months about getting one every time I have a 50% coupon for Joann's (they are very expensive,about $50) but I'm still thinking about it. But talk about a 'silent' setter for doing eyelets and such, this is the tool. It's easy to use and allows you to punch anywhere on a page to set eyelets and more. And it does cut through other materials as well.

And later today........

A HEADS UP! I went to Joann's on my way to work to pick up some deck chairs and while I was there I thought I'd check out the paper drills again. Joann's is clearing them out at 50% off! Here's your chance to get one at a great price - I did.
    I've played with it a bit and I can't believe how easy this tools cuts. I wish I would have broken down sooner.
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if this might be a substitute for the pricey screw punch, but it might....I found it this morning.....
    http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=352766...sf&EAProcess=success
    Depends on what you would use it for, but if for drilling through lots of paper, this could work too.
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a drill or a punch?

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great punch, but is hard to use. You have to have muscle to use it. Just wanted to let you know. I had one and did not like it because of that, otherwise it did go through just about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sounds crazy (and cheap) but I use my DH's Dremel drill to punch or drill through thick pieces of chipboard or a lot of layers of card stock. The trick to drilling through multiple layers is to clamp them together so they will not more. I also put a piece of repositionable tape over my starting point to keep the paper clean. I use the smallest drill bit first to start my hole, then swap to a larger bit. It works like a charm. My DH swears he is going to put a lock on his workroom door so I will stay out, but I tell him I saving him money!!!