Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, i was out and about wiht the family yesterday. I kept my eye out for digital scrapbooking software.

There is an aray of software available. Everything from $9.99 to $150.00 and up...

So, what software do you use and how to do rate it? Do you intergrate it with other programs already extisting on your computer?
    samantha

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, i was out and about wiht the family yesterday. I kept my eye out for digital scrapbooking software.

There is an aray of software available. Everything from $9.99 to $150.00 and up...

So, what software do you use and how to do rate it? Do you intergrate it with other programs already extisting on your computer?
    samantha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Memory Mixer. Check out their website for all the details. I even get my books printed from them. They just upgraded their software and now it's even better! Check it out!
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the same software that was on qvc the other day? I saw it and thought hmmm..what a great idea...
    samantha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Photoshop Elements 5.0. It has a big learning curve, but I think it'll be great once I get the hang of it. I wanted it for hybrid scrapbooking, but I think it's an awesome program for all digital. Before you buy anything take a look at Creating Keepsakes special magazine issue called "Computer Tricks for Scrapbooking" It has a ton of different techniques you can do with PSE5. That mag. sold me on the program.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the creating keepsake issue from April and they had a digital section in the back of how to do somethings for printing pictures and making titles. Looked pretty cool but haven't tried anything yet.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned this elsewhere so hate to be redundant, but I just finished an 18 hour class on PhotoShop Elments 5.0 at an area community college . It's amazing!!!

For example, my talented uncle did a wonderful drawing of me 30 years (and many, many pounds) ago. I became concerned that if the drawing was lost or damaged, it would be gone forever. With Elements 5.0, I was able to scan this oversized drawing in three swipes of the scanner and pull all three together to present a single image via the new panorama feature. There were a couple of spots that had a bit of a shadow, but I used the Clone tool to tidy that up. I then saved the file as a .jpg and mailed it to my mom, sister and my own Hotmail account so would at least have a copy if something happened to the original.

I just subscribed to the new Digital Scrapbooking magazine. It provides instructions for Elements 5.0 and has lots of links to free downloads of digital elements although I haven't had time to play with those yet. As noted, there is definitely a bit of a steep learning curve, but there are so many features in the Elements program and the price is so reasonable compared to the full PhotoShop that I think it's a worthwhile investment.

Victoria

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photoshop Elements.

Lots of online tutorials available, and has more flexibility than any program except full-blown Photoshop.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a great solution to digital software with Creative Memories "Memory Manager" Software. It a great organization tool, it allows you to create albums, picture layouts, create digital storybooks.

Please see Storybook Creator, which can be downloaded free from my website www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe and check out the Memory Manager Software. I think they are both the most user friendly scrapbooking product I have seen. They also have many more features than Shutterfly.

Thanks for looking. Happy Scrapping.
    Cynthia [email protected]
    Creative Memories
    www.mycmsite.com/cmonroe
    Your Life Your Story Your Way

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the software would be purchased by the church not me. So, I have to wary about price. So everyone so far has photo element, memory mixer or creative memories software.

What was the going rate for these softwares? I know you can download some for free. We have debt whither we are allowed to use the free stuff b/c some classify the church as "commerical". If a church is commerical then how is it they are non-profit?
    samantha