Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm wanting sympathy now! I know I'm supposed to be a big girl now but I'm still whining.
    I've been dealing with a bad foot for about a yr now. To begin with the arch has fallen & I have arthritis in my foot. My primary dr finally sent me to the podiatrist last Oct. He x rayed my foot & put me in a boot for 6 wks. It was better in the boot but then got bad again. He "gave" me arch supports, then we went to prescription orthothics. I've worn the boot another 2 times & currently in the boot. Dr. decided to do an MRI (insurance but my copay is still $100) to see if something is torn. Well, got the letter from him yesterday. Nothing is torn but now he says it is possible I have a non-displaced fracture in one of the bones. If my foot is broken why couldn't they have found that a long time ago! I see him next Fri. Meanwhile I'm still in this awful boot. The letter said he may put me in a cast. Well, there goes my summer! I guess that's enough crying & whinning for now. Thanks for listening.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Judy, I would be more then whinning right at the moment after getting that letter, and dealing with the pain for a yr and they never found the true problem I would be hot, hot, hot!!!! with them. I have had only 1 good Dr. that really truely listened to me and if I had a problem any pains or anything he took care of it, then he went to unit care and so had to find another Dr. and that has been heck ever since for the last 6 yrs I have been through at least 6 or more Dr.s and none of them are Dr. Travis, their skills are at question when it comes to my kids and myself.

I sure hope they get this taken care of for you soon. Well keep you in my thoughts.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Judy- sorry to hear you are going through this. Tiny fractures can be hard to spot- but seems like they would have looked a bit closer considering your on going problems.

If you have reservations about this Dr. get another opinion. Your foottsies are important!

Hugs, positive healing thoughts coming your way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, what a horrible thing to go through. I hope they find out what's wrong and that you don't need a cast.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I know what you are going through. It was two to three year to figure out I had reumatoid arthritis. I went through pain .pain pain. By the Time I figured out what I had NOT THE DOCTOR My days were spent going from the bed to the couch. Could not get into a bathtub.Was using a walker and it was a lot of pain. I had ask My orthepedic doctor if that was what I had and he said no.I didn't exatly know what it was But I had a feeling. It kept getting worse. It feels like you are getting the flu. All tired and achy all the time. My sister Treva who also went to the same dr. talked to his PA. and he told her in confidence that he tought that is what I had. I called up and ask for an appointment and the told me it would be 6 months to get in. I cried and begged them so they told me that they had a new dr. who was coming in and I would only have to wait 6 weeks. I also didn"t tell them I didn't have a referal. When I went in and she wanted to know why I didn't have one I told her what I had went through. She didn't believe me but she gave me the tests anyway. She was astounded . For the next ten days I had to take shots ine the feet, wrists,knees , butt, fingers. I am still in a lot of pain Still can't get in a bathtub but I am living with it

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I hope you don't need the cast and I agree with Christi, if your having second thoughts get another opinion. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes ok and you don't need the cast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm not up on things I have an internist and I love him. But I am wondering why did you get a letter? To me that in itself is a serious red flag, I have always had a dr or at least the nurse call to discuss test results or I go back to the office and we discuss it in person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why I got the letter. I already had an appt. for this coming Fri & that was when I expected to find out about the MRI. In the letter he says that if it's worse to see him sooner. I'm not sure that I could actually get an appt sooner than this coming Fri. so what would I do anyway? I have a lot of questions for this dr. when I see him. I want to know what's really going on. I love my primary & this podiatrist seems nice but I don't know at this point. I'll just have to wait to see what happens.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY DD kept getting treated for torn ligaments in her foot, for about 6 months, until we took her to a sports medicine DR. He was used to seeing all kind of injuries from the sorts teams, so he found that she had hairline fractures of her foot. She had been walking on it for weeks. He put her in a cast. Then they were plaster, now most of them are fiberglass. If it is fiberglass, it won't curb your activity as much.

Hope you get it solved soon. I'm sorry about your pain. Nothing is more wearing on the nerves than pain.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry to hear about your year long pain. I hope you get this solved on friday. Only recently do I realize how painful things can get and not really excited about that. At least there is a end to my tunnel and I wish a short tunnel for you with less pain.

Diana
    Diana