Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this article to be very helpful...

How Much Water do You Need to Drink?

A good estimate is to take your body weight in pounds and divide that number in half. That gives you the number of ounces of water per day that you need to drink. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, you should drink at least 80 ounces of water per day. If you exercise you should drink another eight ounce glass of water for every 20 minutes you are active. If you drink alcohol, you should drink at least an equal amount of water. When you are traveling on an airplane, it is good to drink eight ounces of water for every hour you are on board the plane. If you live in an arid climate, you should add another two servings per day. As you can see, your daily need for water can add up to quite a lot.

Twenty percent of your water need will come from the foods you eat. The rest of your water need should come from the beverages you drink. Water is the best choice. Sodas have a lot of sugar in them, so if you drink sodas, you may take in more calories than you need. Herbal teas that aren't diuretic are fine. Sports drinks contain electrolytes and may be beneficial, just look out for added sugar and calories that you don't need. Juices are good because they have vitamins and nutrients.

Caffeinated beverages will also add to your daily water need. Even though caffeine is a diuretic, if you regularly consume caffeine, your body will regulate itself to that diuretic effect.
    ~Jenna

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jenna for the information. I always wondered how they decide the number. TFS

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey do you realize that a person who weighs over 300, needs about 150 ounces....that's almost 19 8oz glasses. Wow. I'd never get out of the bathroom to scrap. I do try to get 8 to 10 glasses each day, but that is no where near 1/2 of my weight. Guess I'd better ramp it up. I do know that when I pour in the liquids, the weight almost melts off.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this info! I know that a few years ago I stopped drinking all other liquids except for water - VERY boring at first. Soon, I was use to it and I feel 100% better. The water does help keep me full and I know my skin and hair are much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I def. don't drink enough water. I maybe drink 4 glasses a day and always keep a cup on my nightstand in case I get thirsty during the night. I do drink decaf. coffee and that has water in it if that counts. I have to make an effort to drink more.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many studies but I don't think any of them really has got it right.

I read that the original estimate of 64 ounces a day was actually intended to show the water in the foods we eat, not what we are supposed to drink in excess of the water we get from food.

I drink when I'm thirsty. That usually means somewhere between 40-100 ounces a day. I've had a cold this week, so I've been drinking much more. We keep a water stand in the most common crossing place in the house, and I find I drink more water that way.

I second the bit about extra water on a plane and during exercise, though.
    I'm going broke saving money on scrapbooking supplies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all that water you have to ingest - who needs to eat!!!

Maybe that's the whole point, drink more water, eat less food (as I sit here and finish yet another soda).

Fluffy scrapper's Unite!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol yeah when I cut off the Dr. Pepper I drank that 8 glasses or tried too and after 8 I only drank water if I got hungry. I'm keepin 15 pounds of my 20 off though

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluffy scrapper's Unite!

You are too funny!!
    ~Jenna