Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why I feel this way...
    I had been sending my DD to preschool since she was 18 mos. We just had her K orientation last night and I just got a panic attack. I had tears in my eyes and I was quite embarrassed. Today, I just frozed knowing that her first day was Monday.
    My DD is excited about going but I'm thinking I should like to keep her home for another year. It didn't help that she seemed to have grown 1/2 inch overnight.

I wonder how the day after labor day will go? My son will have his first day of preschool. As of right now, I'm excited to get him away from me.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LuLu,
    Your Normal....I went home after my DD started and balled. I cried or at tears in my eyes at most of the of the kid's school functions...so go ahead and feel that way.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AW, it's ok LuLu. Just think of the layout of her getting on the school bus that you'll get to make. And the QUIET time! Going to the grocery store with NO kids in tow! Don't feel bad about the tears. I was crying like a baby at my daughters dance recital!!!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put me on that list of "Cried her eyes out". I was so embarrassed when I left Jay at kindergarten and HE told me it was okay to leave him (I still cried). I wish I could say that it got easier for me. It didn't. I cried all the way home (1 1/2 hours) when I left him at college AND I still cry when he leaves after a visit. Don't you just love being a Mom!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support. The thing is, I would understand these feelings if I had kept her home with me up to now. But I had been sending her to a preschool which was a further distance away from me and a longer day. She went to school from 8:30 to 12:30. Now her day will be from 8:45 to 11:30. When I sent her off to preschool, I had none of these feelings. Her father had a much harder time at it. I wonder if she'll ever respect the trials she puts us through LOL.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LuLu,
    Your in the norm, the difference with the kindergarten thing over the pre-school thing is she is growing up. Most people associate kindergarten more on the lines of Off to School, before you know it she will be going to high school and off to college, kindegarten is just the beginning of that track of life. Pre-School is more along the lines of just going to have fun, giving mommy a break for a few hours. Even though the Preschool your dd went to was longer than kindergarten days (here Kindgergarten is Full Day) emotionally your not associating it as SCHOOL where they are growing up before your eyes.

Once you have both kids gone for a few hours the days they are home you'll be wondering OK WHEN DOES SCHOOL START AGAIN!!!! We all go through it. (and i thought i'd be done dealing with these issues and now i'll be doing it AGAIN in 5 years. ARGH!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just getting on to type what Shannon did lol. It is in how you view it, emotionally it is WAY different! And I have a counseling degree to back me up LOL you just go ahead and cry, and get ready to make a scrapbook of all those nifty art projects that are on posterboard the same size as your child!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by LuLu:
    I wonder if she'll ever respect the trials she puts us through LOL.
    Do what I did when Jay went away to college. I started a journal (I altered a composition book). It kept me from crying on the phone to him and ONE DAY, maybe, he will either appreciate it or laugh at it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I survived the first day with just a little tears.

I think you are exactly right about that it's an issue about her growing up. During her orientation, we had a tour of her classroom, office and nurse's room. I didn't start feeling any anxiety until we went into the library. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I really didn't think she was getting excited at all. She didn't show any feelings about K at all. I would tell her, "Only 2 more days till K" and then she would ask how many days till Halloween. She was awake 2 hours before she usually wakes up, had got dressed all by herself and was waiting for the rest of to wake up.

Next week, I'll start the whole process over with my DS very first day of preschool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, how did your son do?????