Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAHM Schedule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denise, I'm amazed. I thought I was a schedule freak, but you have me beat! Good for you!
    Laura

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I wish when mine were little there was somewhere like this to go to for tips etc! I also wish I was organized like that!!!

Here's the tip my mom gave me when mine were little... play with the kids and have a ball... the dishes will wait, the laundry will always be there but those little ones won't before you know it their gone!

Oh for preschoolers they love the idea of school... get you some alpha or number books and practice with them and then assign them to practice writing what ever your on (gives you some time) ... tell them it's school time...then treat them. Make it fun.

I cleaned and picked up as I could (or wanted too) lol and really cleaned before anyone came over! If your OCD give your self some slack and the kids...

As said it will all be O.K.

Clarinda

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laurat99 View Post
    Denise, I'm amazed. I thought I was a schedule freak, but you have me beat! Good for you!
    Bwahahaha! Now that they're older, I've gone off schedule. I will be trying homeschooling this fall, along with working part time, so I know I'll have to be firmer with the schedule.
    - Denise -

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlc3plus View Post
    Oh for preschoolers they love the idea of school... get you some alpha or number books and practice with them and then assign them to practice writing what ever your on (gives you some time) ... tell them it's school time...then treat them. Make it fun.
    Yes! Both my kids are into playing "school" and we pick up the $1-spot books at Target. They're great. Lots of free downloads online, too (but that takes a bit of time).

Simple dot-to-dots in alpha or numeric are great for games & learning at the same time.
    - Denise -

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is an awesome schedule. I 'think' of things like that, but I just never stick to it....(ie-espec. the cleaning part--'life' happens and we get behind and it snowballs). We pretty much try to keep up and then do massive stressful cleanings if someone is coming over. It's kind of how I grew up, (my mom laments that she never learned to clean well b/c my gram is the kind that sort of floats in the background and you put down your empty cup on the table in front of you and all of a sudden it's disappeared--and it's clean and back in the cupboard).

I just found a couple of those target books today, that's funny! She kept trying to peek in the cart and I'm like--noooo, if you want a suprise later--quit peeking or I'll put them back! I'm so mean, huh. She's good, it's just this awkward age gap at the moment--baby into everything/big girl wanting to do 'projects' (ie-scissors, tape, glue, etc). And safety scissors still cut hair. Believe me.

I do try to look at where older DD is at 4+ and say...in a little while younger DD will be more independent and it won't be so intensive. And I am trying to enjoy the moments. We're done at two kids, which I'm a tiny bit sad about, because I love the baby baby stuff, but financially and time wise, it's the right decision. She's already so big, though!

We do a lot of library programs, or we have in the past, we've got a great one right down the road. I wish I would have made more mom friends, but nothing has ever seemed to work out...exchanged numbers here and there, but nothing ever came of them. I have thought about joining a mom's group, but I also wasn't sure if I want all these big commitments to participate in stuff weekly. I love that set-up of working on a 'project' while one mom is with the kids--that is sheer genius! Can I advertise for some mom friends to do that with? That can bring their kids to my messy half-remodeled house and not be freaked out?

Thanks!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesskcarl View Post
    Wow, that is an awesome schedule. I 'think' of things like that, but I just never stick to it....(ie-espec. the cleaning part--'life' happens and we get behind and it snowballs). We pretty much try to keep up and then do massive stressful cleanings if someone is coming over.
    Despite my schedule, this happens to us, too. I have a verrry cluttery DH, so no matter how much cleaning I do, he leaves a trail wherever he goes and I can't keep up. My daughter inherited his trait. Trust me, we have done the major, stressful clean-up just before company comes! My house is NOT immaculate! Doing one major chore per day not only keeps on top of the important things, it also gives you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, which can be VERY important when you are in the throes of caring for little ones!

I just found a couple of those target books today, that's funny! She kept trying to peek in the cart and I'm like--noooo, if you want a suprise later--quit peeking or I'll put them back! I'm so mean, huh. She's good, it's just this awkward age gap at the moment--baby into everything/big girl wanting to do 'projects' (ie-scissors, tape, glue, etc). And safety scissors still cut hair. Believe me.
    Nope, you're not mean, surprise is part of the fun! And with the craft stuff, I had to get over my OCD tendencies and let them do it, despite the mess & chaos. I kept it contained to one table, and when the 4yo couldn't use scissors, I made her tear and paste/tape. Easy punches worked well, too. I called it "scrapbooking" and they thought they were doing "Mommy things." Now they actually beg for me to pull out my scrap stuff so we can all do it together, and they pretend they are on an instructional video! It has given me more time to scrap, because they can join me instead of feeling abandoned.

I have thought about joining a mom's group, but I also wasn't sure if I want all these big commitments to participate in stuff weekly. I love that set-up of working on a 'project' while one mom is with the kids--that is sheer genius! Can I advertise for some mom friends to do that with? That can bring their kids to my messy half-remodeled house and not be freaked out?
    That's why mom's groups never worked out for me - just another commitment. The mom's project day, admittedly, was a fantastic idea (one of the other moms came up with the idea). I have to say, though, the key to making it work (for us) was that we all liked each other, each other's kids, and each other's parenting styles. In order for the two moms to focus on the project, there had to be some level of confidence that the kids were getting along and in good hands somewhere off in another room. And yes, you must have the agreement that when the group comes over, they are "not allowed" to expect a company-perfect house! The group was not "company" and we all understood that you come to the other person's house "as-is."
    - Denise -