Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering what you plan on giving the children on your Christmas list? I told my DD today that Santa was only going to give her one toy this year. With all these recalls, he just can't be giving out a lot of toys. I told her to pick one out of a catalog and she picked out "AquaDots". If you haven't heard, they recalled that this week since the beads turn into the date rape drug. What's a parent to do?

BTW, we have a recalled toy that Fisher Price was suppose to send us an envelope to mail it back to them. Haven't seen it yet. I have however, have seen lots of e-mail from them. I think I'm boycotting FP.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "AquaDots" isnt that crazy. I was thinking I know they had to tel everyone why it was recalled and warn them, but think of all the kids and "others" that now know a kids toy can be a date rape drug. People do crazy stuff for a high, thats all I am saying. I think it it totally crazy. I also think of all the kids who had it and touched the dots and then di wash their hand and stuck their fingers in their mouth or ate lunch or something, just wild when you think about it. My little girl wanted them too but she is only 3 and i was thinking the balls or dots would be to small of an item for her.

glad i found out before i did get them.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how the heck do they turn into that?! I don't have kids so I haven't been paying attention to all the recalls

There was a recal of HL stuff that they sold during Halloween that contained too much lead. Uh people probably all ready used that to hold candy!

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kids won't be getting much but I can guarantee you that if it's made in China it's staying on the shelf.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the AquaDots: The coating on the beads that is suppose to glue them together turn into the drug. My DD just though it looked like a fun thing to do. I'm glad she doesn't watch a lot of TV and when she does, it's a DVD or Noggin. There are no commercials. She'd be crying for this and that.

So what toys are not made in China? This is really getting frustrating on my part. I look at all the old toys and I wonder...

Anybody have any suggestions??
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mommaidwf:
    My kids won't be getting much but I can guarantee you that if it's made in China it's staying on the shelf.
    Our family is with you! My DD and I were just talking about that yesterday. We are going to look at everything and if it's made in China, we are doing the same thing... leaving it on the shelf.

This Christmas season ought to be a real eye opener for the manufacturers. They want to save a buck and line their own pockets by having it made outside of the USA... guess they're about to find out what we think of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trains

is one company that is still here in the USA. Maybe get creative stuff for the kids, construction paper, markers, crayons, etc., but I bet they aren't USA-made either. If I come across any other companies, I'll post them here.
    Laura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Aquadots in the summer, but was saving them for a rainy day. So they are still in the unopened box. I guess I better find out what to do with them to get my money back.
    I am going to start reading the labels of where the toys are being made from now on. I did find out that Webkinz are made in China and am so disappointed about that because my daughter LOVES them. I actually already bought one for Christmas to give her before I knew where they were made. I can't see anything that could go wrong with those, but I'm still hesitating because of the China thing.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by laurat99:
    trains

is one company that is still here in the USA. Maybe get creative stuff for the kids, construction paper, markers, crayons, etc., but I bet they aren't USA-made either. If I come across any other companies, I'll post them here.
    Thanks Laura! That would be an awesome help for all of us that have children on our Christmas lists.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by laurat99:
    trains

Thanks! I'll do the same. I think it's going to be terribly hard to find anything that isn't made in China. This AquaDots thing really pushed me over the edge. And this FisherPrice thing has got me steaming too.

Cass, your Aquadots might be fine. They started manufacturing the toy with the right glue coating but then switched the coating to the date rape drug because it's cheaper.