Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter paper figuring if I used something pretty I'd write in it

Probably going to need something to keep the stickers on there. Maybe coat in decoupauge?

The images are clipart.

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writers Month. I'm writing a novel based on a sentence in Neil Gaiman's Graphic Novel The Sandman "a weregoldfish that turns into a werewolf on the full moon"

So far I have typed out 7,846 words the goal is 50,000 words by the end of the month. I made the comp book as a way to write on breaks at work or anywhere else I'm at away from a computer

Oh any ideas on how to help that flower sticking out? I didn't want to cut it off.

Thanks for looking
    Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this is really a different look. The title and the clipart really had me thinking. Good luck on your novel! Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool Ziggy! What about reinforcing it with some chipboard or a few layers of cardstock cut to the shape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggy, you did an amazing job. The colors are amazing. I'd add some heavy chipboard (or even cardboard) on the flower. I love the way it hangs off the edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wonderful job, Ziggy, I would have to agree with everyone else about addy a heavy chipboard to it or something like that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your altered book. It really caught my 2yo DS's eye.

Your novel sounds very intriguing. I love the concept. I'd like to see how you develop it. Good Luck!
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so very you Zig If you don't want the flower sticking out you could wrap it around to the inside front cover. I also think it would be cool to cut two pieces of acetate to fit the extension, pierce holes and sew around the edges with embroidery floss (which I know you have) leave some extra floss dangling off and add beads making a tassel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    embrodery floss yes, acetate? hmm might go with the chipboard

yeah so far I've posted my novel on my friends message board. One of them is confused but entertained. Well at least it's entertaining drivel

Thanks for the ideas everyone I was thinking chipboard but wasn't sure of other ideas. Now trying to figure out how to attach and make a bookmark to the spine there.

I think I'll need to put decopauge over the letters to help them stay put.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ziggy- find the center of the book where you can see the stitching. You can use Fabri-tac to glue your ribbon to the stitching. Or you can poke a hole into the book at the center place near the top and tie a fiber or ribbon through the hole. Or what about punching a hole in the back cover close to the spine, adding an eyelet and threading the ribbon through the eyelet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was trying to think of, how you do that one where it's in the middle Though in the back and bunching an eyelet sounds good too

Ziggy