Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up this book by Nicole LaRue with a 50% coupon this weekend. I thought it would be good for some teacher gift ideas.
    Basically, it's a book about how to re-wrap or re-package stuff you would buy in a store to make it a cute gift. I wonder if that violates and copyrights? Anyway, She pre-designed labels, etc. and they are available to download. I didn't realize that this was the concept of the book. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. There were a few ideas that I would make, but I thought some were kind of odd. As I read some of this I was thinking "What would anyone do with this if I gave it to them" Nicole LaRue is a great graphic artist, though, and I guess if you took the ideas and applied it to other things.
    I'd be interested to hear about anyone else's opinion on this book.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cassie, just visited your blog looking for the book but didn't find it there. I'll go take a look at it on-line. Loved your blog, I thought I had checked it out before but if I did it looked different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link with a ton of free downloads for several of the projects in the book.

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag...dex_field=2062

After checking out a couple of sites I can see why you are a bit dissapointed, some of the ideas are cute but if you've ever done gift baskets you could come up with the ideas yourself. This seems to be one of those books that's good for a quick look through to inspire/remind you of things but not one you would probably refer back to. I have a tip for you on these kinds of things. When I run across things like this I put a request in at my local library, they have lending priveledges from all over the state. Only a couple of times have they not been able to find the item even on the most obsure titles. The downfall is you usually can't renew (only 2 week lending time) but that gives you enough time to browse through to get inspired and see if you'd like to purchase to add to your personal library. I think most librarys provide this service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, thanks for going to my sad little blog (I barely have any comments ) I'm glad you liked it.
    Anyway, great idea on the library thing. I had no idea that you could do that. I love our library, but the scrapbooking books they have there are ancient and look like scrapbooking looked 5-10 years ago and it's a really new library so I don't get that. They don't even have any scrapbooking magazines there.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh then I have an idea for that. Ask them to get certain books/magazines. I've done this at two different libraries and believe it or not they appreciate the input on what readers might like especially when the buyer doesn't have a lot of background in a certain hobby. I've got mine to get more up to date sewing books and scrapbooking. It helps to become a bit chatty with the librarian lol