Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inspired by
    http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ca_crafts_projects/articl...3721_5774269,00.html
    Take image or images Black and White or color. Cut out as many as you want to use. Decoupage or adhere images onto the cardstock. I guess you could just adhere it but it keeps paint from getting under. I also decoupage the top of my image. Also, show suggested laser print so it wonít run.

Then get paint happy. They used enamel for the plate but Iím using acrylic paints that I won. The enamel they used I think may have been watered down so the images could show through but my acrylics were thick so I painted around my image. What paint got on the image I left.

Looks pretty good but Iíve got some oil pastels ? use gel pens, 3D pens whatever you want to doodle with ? I found gel pens didnít want to work on my paint and my silver glitter pen didnít want to work so I added some gold stickles. Wait to dry. They went back and added white dimensional paint on top. I donít have this and I all ready added some white.

Graffiti MOD Primary Letters (oops added an extra e )

Used Cosmic Talk font for Month and numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Ziggy, I gotta tell ya... I had so much fun doing this technique today I felt like I was in kindergarten with my paints again, lol! Can't post yet, because I'm waiting for some things to dry, but will post my challenge LO tomorrow.

Thanks for coming up with this one. It really was fun and I'm going to do it again and make some gifts for my DD's. They would really like something made with this technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know don't ya love paint! LOL I'm lucky my paint dries pretty quickly the stickles took forever!!!

Can't wait to see it

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that'a a different look and technique. I'm not sure I'll do this one, not much for messing with paints.

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then just get some pens and doodle on your page or some marker brushes You don't have to go for the paint on this, just be inspired by technique. I found that a lot of my stuff wouldn't work on top of my paint but if you click on the inspiration link you can see more of what they did with doodles and things that you could easily do with other things you have around.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggs - I had to read the directions twice because I am like huh? Okay so it is kind of like finger painting around your original image? Does your paper warp from the wet paint?
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um I think it did a little bit and I didn't paint with my fingers

Depending on your paints you can paint over the images but mine was really thick paint. In the show they showed it on a plate, they cut out laser printed images (laser won't run if you decaupauge or get it wet) and then they painted over it with enamel paints and you could see the image underneath it. Then they took other paints and paint pens and doodled on top and last they did some white paint.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Materials:

ceramic plate
    3D paint pens or ceramic glass markers
    enamel paints
    white dimensional paint
    miscellaneous papers (handpainted, stamped tissue paper or photocopy your own art and graffiti-designed papers)
    Instant Decoupage and Sealer by Aleene
    paintbrushes
    scissors

Figure A

Figure B

Figure C

Safety Tip: These plates are for decorative purposes only and not meant to be eaten off of.

Steps:

1. Draw doodle designs on paper and make photo copies and cut into strips. Repeat for artwork.

2. Cut out two or more shapes from the doodle and art designs (figure A) that have been photocopied or use handpainted papers.

3. Adhere cutouts to the surface of the plate with decoupage and sealer. Apply decoupage to the top of the design to act as a sealer and to smooth out any air bubbles.

4. Paint graffiti images with enamel paints and paintbrushes (figure B).

5. Doodle with permanent ceramic/glass markers or 3D pens creating dashes and dots or desired doodles.

6. Accent and doodle over the top of graffiti plate design with white dimensional paint (figure C).

Try this graffiti technique on frames, mugs and canvas tote bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those were the orriginal directions from the link I provided at the beginning of my post. I'll try to get the pics up.

Here's a scrapbook page they did using the graffiti technique. Too many pics for me to copy and upload to photo bucket

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_scrapbooking/article/0...3776_3018722,00.html

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just re-posting my picture from the old forum . This is my part of Ziggy's fun challenge. I don't have it done yet though, just the technique part of the challenge. I have to add, that this was a really fun technique and there are lots of possibilities with this one.

I did do mine a little differently though. I painted my background first on cs and then decoupaged it to mat board. I think you would need a sturdier surface for this technique to prevent warping. After I decoupaged my BG onto the mat board, I decoupaged my picture over that. Then gave it two or three final coats of decoupage. The sun is mulberry paper and I added some Stickles to the flower centers, her shirt, and the left rein that goes up to her hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images