Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The other board

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been on DIY this morning? I was and there are a few people uspet that their topics have been deleted. Can you believe it? I think if we were all to band together and NOT post on that board, that would make them realize how serious we are that we COUNT. When they see their numbers drop off, they will be more senitive to our wants. Do we ask for much anyway?? Other than the home and gardens threads, the scrapbooking forum is their #1 site for the mosts log-ins. I am sure who ever has the delete power over there is also a member over here to view the competion. Can we all unite and NOT post on DIY for the month of May? Anything we want or need to do we can do it all on this board and even more.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been on DIY this morning? I was and there are a few people uspet that their topics have been deleted. Can you believe it? I think if we were all to band together and NOT post on that board, that would make them realize how serious we are that we COUNT. When they see their numbers drop off, they will be more senitive to our wants. Do we ask for much anyway?? Other than the home and gardens threads, the scrapbooking forum is their #1 site for the mosts log-ins. I am sure who ever has the delete power over there is also a member over here to view the competion. Can we all unite and NOT post on DIY for the month of May? Anything we want or need to do we can do it all on this board and even more.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even remember the last time I did post there but it was probably on the Bistro. I logged in for the first time since I have started on this board yesterday. I like this board much better and I have posted more on here then I did on there in 6 months!! I for myself feel I have no reason to go over there anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as soon as Queen of the week is over I won't be going back to DIY, not worth the trouble anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think its really going to make much of a difference to them either way. The boards a somewhat free (if anyone knows differently please let me know) and are not making any money off the posts, or the amount of members there.

I think it was kinda annoying that posts would get deleted, but too me the main reason forleaving that board was the Insults i recieved from certian people, and the fact that everytime you log in there was some sort of Drama going on, which would turn in to a huge war (no one seemed to be grown up enough to just ignore a comment they didn't like, but instead had to add to the fire and post.)

Personally i like this board SOOO much better and will NEVER go back to the ther one. Always something to keep me busy with the games, Great friends to Chat about anything i want with, NO DELETIONS on the posts, NO DRAMA, and the Admin even joins in and is VERY helpful and responds to our needs. JMO!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, I think it's necessary to pay attention to context.

The post in question is about a little boy who is dying (of leukemia, I think) and wants to receive some number of birthday cards.

Now, as someone on that board has already mentioned, that story makes the rounds in email about every year or so. It seems to be unsubstantiated and is probably little more than urban legend.

I have no problem at all with the moderators on that board deleting posts that are not related to scrapbooking. The thread in question certainly was not.

I enjoy the games here and the off-topic conversations too. But I respect the rules of the DIY board as well.
    I'm going broke saving money on scrapbooking supplies!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty much going to finish out my swaps there and quit DIY.. maybe every now and then lurk,, but that's about it.. then again, i could change my mind heehee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hardly ever go there anymore. This board is so much nicer. Seems everyone is friendly and upbeat. I got tired of the cattiness on the other one.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read alot of posts at DIY that are mean but I try and move on. this board is so much better and I'm enjoying it. I'm getting more time to actually view alot more posts than on DIY. So I'm here to stay,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have I missed something?? I've been on both boards about a month. I have not experienced any nastiness. Other than some posts and threads being deleted, I have only seen friendly people. I have seen some topics posted that did not belong, but after I protested they are gone this AM. (not about the boy who wanted cards).

Judith
    Judith