Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I am at work, all I think about are LO...I see them everywhere. Marketing on websites, peoples fashion etc. When I get home and finally get some "me" time about 9:30pm I am fresh out of ideas. I can't even put two pictures together on a page.

Anyone else in this boat?

Jennifer

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I am at work, all I think about are LO...I see them everywhere. Marketing on websites, peoples fashion etc. When I get home and finally get some "me" time about 9:30pm I am fresh out of ideas. I can't even put two pictures together on a page.

Anyone else in this boat?

Jennifer

I totaly with you, I bought a layout idea book it was about $15.00 and I get ideas from that i tab the ones I would beable to use to match my books. My LO don't look as god or anything like the ones in the book but I think that they are great still the same. I don't know how people can do some of those LOs and get them to look so great and perfect, anyway off the subject. When I lose inspiration I do and buy something that they used in the LObook like eyelets or tags something I don't usually buy and that helps me work on my pages because it is something new and fun to try.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I would go totally broke if I did that! I always lose inspiration. You don't scrap for a while it is hard to pick it back up. sometime it feels more think work then a hobbie. does anyone else feel that way? I love doing it don't get me wrong but I want to scrap stuff that is happening now but I know If I don't start where I stoped I will never go back are do them in order. kind of like out of site out of mind. I hope other people post here I would love different ways to stay motivated and get stuff done.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jennifer are you able to sketch out your ideas at work when you are feeling creative? It just sounds like your creative clock is out of wack to me. If you sketch them, maybe it will inspire you when you have time at nite to scrap.

Also, I have definately been burned out on scrapping since I'm exposed to the product all the time at work. I went thru a spell where I didn't do anything for a long time. Several articles I read mentioned changing the way you think. Instead of scrapbooking the pics chronologically I started pulling photos that were several years apart and concentrating on a theme that tied them together. All the crazy faces my boys made over the years I made a 2 page layout for each of them...I also still do current pics that I'm excited about. Just helps me to do this...about 100 pages this year!

Hope this helps...sorry so long winded.

Sherri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do a challenge or a contest. That usually gives me a kick. I just did the one the Scrapbook Answers had to win the Hobby Hideaway. Now I'm in the mode again for scrapbooking.
    I usually sketch out ideas before I start.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walk away and take a break

Go shopping for supplies,

Look at other peoples layouts,

Search the internet for new techniques I want to try.

Those are the things I do mostly.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!