Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never done any digital scrapbooking and fairly new to using my computer. While in my favorite store yesterday, I mentioned wanting to learn how to do digital scrapbooking, and it was recommended for me to look on JessicaSprague.com for the basics with this. I just downloaded "Your first digital layout" from this site and I thought I was doing pretty good until I got to "Cutting papers in Photoshop" I found the rectangular marquee tool, clicked on the mode/fixed size option, added 9 in both boxes, and that is where it ended. I never saw the marching ants for this page like I did on previous pages. From there I went back to my edit button and undid that step, redid it, but after many times going back and forth over the same step, I finally got frustrated and X out from Photoshop. I cannot figure how to cut the paper. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like a big dummy being able to read, but not comprehend. Does anyone know what I am trying to do? This was a paid download, so everyone will not be able to view it unless they already have it too, but I am sure this step is used in most digital pages. I printed the instructions out, but still no help in knowing how to do this. Thanks!
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never done any digital scrapbooking and fairly new to using my computer. While in my favorite store yesterday, I mentioned wanting to learn how to do digital scrapbooking, and it was recommended for me to look on JessicaSprague.com for the basics with this. I just downloaded "Your first digital layout" from this site and I thought I was doing pretty good until I got to "Cutting papers in Photoshop" I found the rectangular marquee tool, clicked on the mode/fixed size option, added 9 in both boxes, and that is where it ended. I never saw the marching ants for this page like I did on previous pages. From there I went back to my edit button and undid that step, redid it, but after many times going back and forth over the same step, I finally got frustrated and X out from Photoshop. I cannot figure how to cut the paper. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like a big dummy being able to read, but not comprehend. Does anyone know what I am trying to do? This was a paid download, so everyone will not be able to view it unless they already have it too, but I am sure this step is used in most digital pages. I printed the instructions out, but still no help in knowing how to do this. Thanks!
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I was good at explaining things but I am not so I am going to give you a couple of sites that tutorials on them maybe something there would help you or even explain it better then I ever could.

http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/a-tut...sh/index.shtml

http://mistycatodesigns.blogspot.com...tutorials.html

These might help you out and if I run across any more helpful sites I would be gladly to post them for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheryl, I totally understand your frustration. I'm learning, too and get stuck all the time. What program are you using?
    I bought the Creating Keepsakes special magazine issue that came out in April by Jessica Sprague. It's really good. It has a ton of techniques in it. You also get some free downloads that you can use for the mag. examples.
    Also, check out www.scrappersguide.com
    I listened to a Photoshope Elements e-seminar last week and they talked about how to crop down the paper. It's going to be available to watch next week sometime and I'll post the link if I can find it. It went over a lot of good basics of the program.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all and "Thanks!" I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. I just heard of Adobe Photoshop for dummies, so I might look for that tomorrow. If I had a physical teacher, this would be so much easier. I have a hard time reading and comprehending. I always make things harder than it is. No confidence in my own ability. One question, when I was trying to cut papers in photoshop and I read to click the Rectangular Marquee Tool, and then go to the options bar and click on the Mode Dropdown Box and select Fixed Size, and then to type 9 in both boxes, did I need to add any symbol along with it, or just add a plain 9 in each box? I think I remember, that it already had pixel in the box, but I erased it and put 9" instead. Was thst part of my problem? I just thought since I initially started with a 12" paper, and I was now making my third layer 9" to change it to ". Oh well. Ladies anyone in my area that wants to bring their laptop and have a LONG lunch?? Love you guys!!
    Cheryl

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey cheryl,
    Just curious...after you put the numbers in the boxes, did you click onto the paper? It SHOULD give you a 'marching ant' box on the paper that you can drag to where you want it...then go up to image (I think...I am away from my computer so can't check), then 'crop image'.
    Kim

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kim. I tried to do this, but was unsure if I clicked on the bottom that was showing the green layer I was working on, or to click on the actual single 3 layered page that I was making. (Am I making sense?) I tried to do it on both images, but never saw the marching ants. After that I closed the page and X out. But what you are asking is the point that I gave up.
    Cheryl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just opened up a piece of pp and tried it. I set the marquee to fixed and changed it to 2" x 2" (just any size to try) and I got the square. I'm assumming the "marching ants" are the dashed lines of the marquee tool? Then I selected 'copy' just to see if it would move off the paper and it did. Did you try closing out of the project and opening it again? I have a similar problem with text and sometimes it works to close out and sometimes it doesn't.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheryl, I work in PhotoShop, but am not really sure what you are trying to do. Can you explain it a little more to me and maybe I can help you out.
    Lynn

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be possible to email you the digital page and let you see my stopping point? I am not sure if those documents will forward or not, but I would be willing to send the page to anyone that wants to help a dummy out! If I had one of my kids here with me, I doubt if I would be having this problem. Thanks everyone!
    Cheryl