Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Chalks

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please pretend I am from another planet and you have to explain chalks to me. I need to know exactly what they are and how they are used (in DETAIL!)

PLEASE! I'm in the boonies and I have to figure out all this stuff from what I can find on the web. Unfortunately, every post I find assumes some knowledge of the subject!

...Cindy

Well, they come in different ways. You can get solid chalks (think chalk board chalk), chalk pencils (think colored pencils), and liquid chalk (think ink pad). My only experience is with the solid chalks. They come in flat containers and some are round and some are square. You need an applicator (I use a q-tip) to apply them. You can use them to add color to die cuts, embossed images, the edge from torn paper. Basically you're adding a little bit of color and/or shading. If you use the kind designed for scrapbooking there is no need to "set" them. I hope that was clearer than mud for you. If you have more questions, just ask!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the chalks will give a subtle hint of color, where with inks, in my experience, it's more defined. you can use them with stencils as well, they sell applicators that look like makeup applicators, i too use a q-tip for the smaller things and a cotton ball for the bigger stuff, i don't use mine much, i like how it looks on certain things, but i guess i just never think about it.