Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the hardest things

You all may remember my mom lost her leg back in august do to PAD was not in to good of health then dialisis patient and beginning of Demtia/alt. her health has just declined more and more since then!My brother and sister and i decided to just keep her in there with all the equipment they would need lifts hospital beds transporting her to dialisis it would be all most impossible to bring her home!Craig(6) is VERY close to her well as we were visiting lastnight he says when is Mamaul getting out of this place, it just broke my heart,so at dinner we had to to explain to him that she will not be, the poor look on his face again broke my heart!Thank you all so much for listening to my rambling!!..............LoriP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is so hard to explain things where children can understand...They think you take them to the doctor to make them all better and they can't...

Just keep telling him how much she needs everyone and everything that they have where she is, and that you will go see her as much as you can...

I will keep you in my prayers Lori and how that this will work out for you all...
    Karen

The little voices in my head keep saying..."Get more Chickens!"

...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
    ....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....
    ...FAITH is the bridge between where I AM...and where GOD is taking me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hugs Hugs Hugs (x100)

My dad is going to try chemo for the kidney cancer tumors in his brain, they cannot keep up with radiation. I think I will soon be where you are at now.
    ~Jean.
    avitar pict my boy Blaze

Pages ~ 6
    Cards ~ 9

funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/sho...d.php?t=255903

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry!!! Dad just went into a nursing home on Monday. They want to be at home and you know you can't take care of them at home. It is so hard. My son can only remember Nanny Mary (my mom) in a nursing home. Years ago people did not live as long and so familys were able to keep them at home until they passed. My mom was in a nursing home for ten years. She had Alzheimer's. Her heart and lungs were strong and healthy and yet her mind was gone. She didn't know who I was for the last 9 years of her life.

My thoughts are with you as you make your journey through all of this.
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is so very hard for the little ones to understand ((Hugs)).
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My heart is going out to you. Will keep all of you in my thoughts.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand where you are, 2 of my grandparents died in a nursing home, and my sister and I were going to look at nursing homes for my Mom, the day she died. It is a very difficult decision for us to make, and even harder to help our children understand why their grandparents don't remember who they are. My grandmother thought my young daughter and son were my brother and myself. But, my children are adults now and we have discussed it, and they understand what happened and why. So will your son. Just assure him that his grandmother loves him and knows he loves her.
    Judith