Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local Hobby Lobby have all their dies on sale. The girl in the store told me they were going to discontinue them. Don't know how true that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt Sizzix will be discontinued...that store may not carry them anymore, but Sizzix is coming out with so many new things these days. I like that you can cut thick things with the Sizzix which you cannot do with Cricut or Wishblade. Even if I could get a wishblade I would keep my Sizzix.
    Donna - you could always sell your dies on ebay and make some money to put towards the Wishblade. Some of those dies sell for almost retail on ebay.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant to say they are going to quit selling them.

I have the sizzix machine. I love the machine and couldn't live without mine. I have several dies and four alphabets. The alphabets are great because you can get the style your wanting. I find alot of my sizzix items at sizzix.com, creative express, or ebay. A co worker and I trade our dies to each other. It makes it nice because I have borrowed several dies that I have used once in a LO. Another things that is nice is people make a list and exchange them with each other. If someone wants a new look or test out a die or alphabet that is always nice.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both. Use them a lot. I have 4 sizzlets alphabets & lots of dies. The sidekick will also cut quickutz & ellision thins with the adapter. If you are buying a new machine for the first time I would purchase the bigshot. It will do both kinds of dies (thick & thin ones). Plus the bigshot will cut more than one thin at a time. I think it will do 4 or 6 on the board.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter-in-law and I like the sizzix big machine for the big dies and the sidekick for the slim dies. They both work great and are made to last a long time. No computer parts to wear out or freeze up on you. You do have to replace the adapter pads (hard plastic thingys) once in a while but not very often. I guess it depends on how much you use it and how hard your press down. They last a long time. You are limited to the die designs from sizzix and a few others that will fit the sidekick but ... HEY! for the price and the reliability.... it is great!!! And sizzix continues to add new die designs. Love it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too I love my sidekick. I use it all the time. That was one of my first purchases.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Sizzix and just got the Sizzix Sidekick a few weeks ago, and adore it too. I never had good luck with the Sizzlets going through the Sizzix, but they come out quick,easy and fully cut w/ the sidekick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Sidekick, too. On sunday I had it out on the front porch cutting some stuff for my neighbor. It's so portable.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Sizzix that I use almost weekly. It's very easy to use and I purchase my dies on sale.