Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used the Sizzix Machine or the Sizzix Sidekick for die cuts, I am worried about buying it because of the price, and not to sure how often I will use it. If anyone can help me please let me know.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

I really hope someone out there can post a review. I was looking at buy this myself but the price is high and I'm not sure how great they work. plus all the extra money your going to spend if you wanted the letter or other items. and insight would be great.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Sizzix Machine it is great I love using it for frames. That was my main reason for buying it because, I have the hardest time with trying to cut out frames by hand. I have had it for over a year now, I never got the letters or other dies because I feel that I got my money out of it with just the frames. Plus the letter dies are not cheap, and its just as easy to buy the already cut letters. I hope I helped I have never done a review on anything before. Any other questions please ask. You can get the Sizzix Machine on there web site sometimes they run specials. Or you can get it at most any craft store, not sure which one would be cheaper. I look around for like 6 months before I got mine I was looking and waiting for them to go on sale then I buy the dies when they are on sale. I really love making the frames with it is so easy and you can make them out of any paper to really help those pages pop!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Scrapbookfreak, I want it for frames and letters so my letter match my frame. I think other then it being so easy it will help me make better pages. I don't need it for the other shapes I like useing stickers for that. Maybe I could talk my husband in to it for Mothers Day. A girl can try right?

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both the sizzix and the sidekick and I use them all the time. The alphabets are a good investment, I have three sets and I use them alot. The die cuts are great because you can finish them by chalking them, using interesting paper etc. I always use coupons when I add to my set. I have gotten lots of dies when CreativeXpress is having one of its great sales. I love the sizzix!! Sherry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my Sizzix about a month ago. So far I have three dies I won off of ebay. Always check there. Also, Michael's and AC Moore always have coupons for 40% off and occasionally it will be 50%. I bought mine for 50% at ACM. It was 40 dollars. You can also use the coupons for the dies which will save you a bit of money. You can also use the sizzix for more that just paper. Foamie sheets, material, leather... Hope this helps you make your decision. Another idea - check out your local scrapbook store and see if they have one and if you can try it out.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both the sizzix and the quickutz. You can use the Quickutz dies in the sizzix and sidekick machines with the adapter. Sizzix has lowered their prices and keep running great deals. Also you can get some great bargains on ebay.

Good luck!

Jennifer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Sizzix. I also have the sidekick. My new thing is to cut chipboard and then paint it with acrylic paint and emboss it with UTEE. It makes great embellishments like photo turns, slide mounts, etc.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone for the help. I got a Cricut for mothers day. It is the greatest thing I have for scrapbooking. You can do so much with it, don't get me wrong its pricy but totally worth it. it comes with one cartridge for fonts and shapes you can choose your size from 1inch to 5.5 inches whatever you want. Oh I love this product. I just hate the fact that now this site is giving one away but I love my mothers day gift. But it not the reason I'm on this site it more to learn and meet people, but free stuff is always so nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use mine all the time. Now I have had it for about a year and spent a fortune on it. Now I wish I had compiled all the money I put into my sizzex dies (70 shapes & 4 Alphabets)I would have more than enough to buy the Wishblade which would do it all plus more.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!