Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self proclaimed Meanest Mom On The Planet ,Jane Hambleton of Des Moines, Iowa is my new hero for taking the high road and making a tough choice to teach her kid a valuable and potentially life saving lesson!

KUDOS to you and if we have any SAS sisters out there who know Jane tell her I applaud her!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this in the news! WTG MOM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about that last night and I think it's awesome. I hope I can remember that rule when my kids are old enough.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This mom is a hero in my eyes!
    What a great thing she did!
    Dorothy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup Kuddo's to her, sent the article to my dd mt oldest gs will be driving in Sept.

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go Momma!
    Her son my not be happy with her right now, but I'm guessing he will thank her one day.
    ~Carolyn

Pretending to be a normal person
    day after day is exhausting!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her son my not be happy with her right now, but I'm guessing he will thank her one day.
    You're right Carolyn, he probably won't "get it" until his 16 year old son/daughter gets their permit and wants a car! Then it will hit home what a great thing his Mom did for him, and what a caring thing it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good for her, I'd take a po'd not talking to me kid over a dead kid anyday. Finally media attention for a parent taking a stand! As a school counselor I got to the point that I refused to attend the funerals of students that were driving drunk, because everyone was all caught up in the drama but no one acknowledged how they had got there. I felt by continuing to attend I was part of the problem. I made a lot of people uncomfortable with the words "it is sad, but it was preventable"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be known as "the Wicked Witch of the West" when we lived in California, because I wasn't afraid to take the hard line with my kids and stepkids. We lived on a military base at the time. It wasn't long before other parents began to follow some of my tactics. Maybe this Mom will start a trend, and more power to her.

Sometimes I think parents are almost afraid to discipline their children, since the world as a whole looks at it as inhumane treatment. This Mom has taken back the power.

Like Gail, I hear of young people almost every weekend getting killed because they or another were driving drunk. I wonder where there parents were and why they weren't keeping closer tabs on them. Maybe I'm jaded, but I also feel it is so preventable. What really gets to me is that most of these young people are only 16 years old.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine the mortification this kid is feeling...and the lesson he is learning. I wouldn't want to mess with this mama. Good for her!
    Laura