Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen & heard that u can use paint with ur rubber stamps...does anyone know or have they tried this technique? I've got clear stamps and wood mounted stasmps...I'm curious about the cleanup and if it's safe for both style stamps....please share ur knowledge...TIA
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen & heard that u can use paint with ur rubber stamps...does anyone know or have they tried this technique? I've got clear stamps and wood mounted stasmps...I'm curious about the cleanup and if it's safe for both style stamps....please share ur knowledge...TIA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is safe for your stamps if you are using watercolor paints or acrylic (I would be leery of oil paint)I have used paint with acrylic and rubber and both work well, use a sponge brush to apply paint to the stamp or one of those white triangle make-up sponges, and sometimes I stamp off on scrap paper and then reapply. For some reason "priming" the stamp in this way seems to make for a better image. I find this with foam stamps too, so it could be just me Check out the gel paint (or the gel stencil paint) it gives a transparent rather than an opaque look. Totally cool

oops forgot to address the clean up, I have a small mister bottle with half baby shampoo (because it's really gentle) and half water. I shake it, mist on the stamp, gently scrub with old toothbrush, and then I use the stamp scrubby pad with rinse water in it, then stamp it dry on a terry cloth towel. One thing with paints you can set your stamp to the side on a wet papertowel, baby wipe etc while you use another stamp because the paint ends up still drying into the crevices. If you are doing more than one and don't want to stop to clean in between, fill your scrubby pad with the baby soap/water solution and at least scrub your stamp and then put it to the side on a wet towel to finish up later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspected there was nothing wrong with using the paint on a rubber stamp, but I knew Lori would know for sure! Thanks for the info! I didn't want to be the one to say the wrong thing, lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool...thank for info ya'll....I've been wanting to try that technique for a long time, but stamps can be so expensive and I'd hate to ruin them. Seeing it in a mag and actually hearing from someone what cleanup ect will do is 2 diff. things....Thanks much!!!