Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, still sort of new to scrapbooking and not even sure if people do use paints. (you know the type that come in the smaller plastic bottles, Delta, etc.) I have done MANY other crafts in the past including painting and have TONS and TONS of the bottle paints in all colors.

My question is, does anyone use these types of paints for scrapbooking? If so, how do you use them?

I'm just trying to sort of maybe bring together old crafting supplies to meet my newest craft of scrapbooking -- okay, honestly, so I can justify to my DH - lololol all of my supplies But, really, it would be nice to use up old supplies from prior craft lives.

Dawn
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, still sort of new to scrapbooking and not even sure if people do use paints. (you know the type that come in the smaller plastic bottles, Delta, etc.) I have done MANY other crafts in the past including painting and have TONS and TONS of the bottle paints in all colors.

My question is, does anyone use these types of paints for scrapbooking? If so, how do you use them?

I'm just trying to sort of maybe bring together old crafting supplies to meet my newest craft of scrapbooking -- okay, honestly, so I can justify to my DH - lololol all of my supplies But, really, it would be nice to use up old supplies from prior craft lives.

Dawn
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used paint on a layout last night. I brushed some on with a sponge-on-a-stick applicator rather than a paint brush. Also, I used it on foam stamps for part of a title. You can also water it down a bit and use it to soften up bright paper - like if you do a whitewash kind of thing. You may need to flatten or iron the paper if it buckles.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my paint for my chipboards too.. I have the MM paint set.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen paint brushed right onto photos for a cool "framing" effect.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use paint real often although I do like it. Here is a lo that I did some time back with paint. I just smeared acylic paint on with a sponge brush in blue & then gold. I stamped memeories on the background. I used just a plain white cardstock. I think it turned out nice.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, that is such a neat LO. You did good girl.
    Mickie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used paint on my stamps then stamped with them...loved the effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow - thank you so much for so many great ideas. Now I will bring all of my paints out.

any other pics would love to see them

Dawn
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no pics but do have a couple of tips for paint.
    Choose a rubber stamp that has not a lot of tiny detail. A big butterfly with open sections or a big flower works well.

1st tip
    1)stamp and emboss.
    2)paint within the lines. The embossed line will keep the paint where you want it. You can thin the acrylics with water so they look more like watercolor or a color wash.

2nd tip
    water down acrylic paint and get a small bristle brush (I use the cheap wood handle ones, you find in the painting dept. with the sponge brushes) Dip the bristle brush into the watered down paint and hold it in your dominant hand then hold another paint brush in your non dominant hand. Tap your brush with paint onto the one that doesn't. The brushes should form a cross when you hold them. This will give you a controlled splatter. You can do one color or as many as you want. Onto white cardstock or a colored cardstock.

3rd tip
    You can take your watered down paint and color wash your background, by either brushing it across or you can apply it with crumpled up rag, plastic wrap or sponge.

4th tip
    You can use straight paint and use the same application techniques that are in the above section.

5th tip
    Use various bottles and containers (anything with a round opening, pill bottles, sourcream container) use a foam brush to paint around the rim and stamp it onto your paper, overlap the circles. You get a cool retro look, Do it in light blue and they look like bubbles.

6th tip
    Spell your title out in colored dots by dipping unused new pencil eraser into paint and dotting it on to your paper. You can also make a polkadotted background this way. You will need a different pencil for each different color paint.

7th tip
    Paint and then rubber stamp into the wet paint. This will remove some of the paint, leaving you with an impression of the rubber stamp.

8th tip
    Paint and then press something with texture into the paint and lift. This is pretty much the same as the previous technique it will lift some paint off and leave the texture, try bubble wrap and anything else you can think of

9th tip
    Take a rubber stamp that is more of a solid image ( flower works good)apply paint to stamp with foam brush and mist with water, stamp. Mist with water again, stamp again don't reload paint. Try it 3 to 4 times with out reloading paint, you will get a watercolored look