Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of items do you ususally buy for your scrapping. Do you ever ask yourself, "Can I really afford it"? Do you buy it anyway, or wait and save for it? Do you have a list of items you'd like to have, cross them off as you get them?

Do you find yourself getting into to many projects, such as swaps, crops, etc? Spending time and money you really don't have?

Since I started scrapping, which was about 3 1/2 yrs. ago I have purchased a sizzix, a sidekick, 7 alpa's and a whole list of dies, way to many to list. Most of the above I bought when they were on sale and once or twice I hadn't had the money saved but bought anyway (not a good practice, ) Last year I bought a WB another big purchase but used my bonus money.

So ladies, would like to know if you need an intervention for your spending or are you holding your own? LOL

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typically buy little stuff. A couple bucks here, a couple there. I also go for weeks without buying anything for scrapping, or even for me. I don't think I've bought anything "big" except the one cricut cartridge I bought when they were on sale for $45 (half price). It was at least a month before I bought anything after that, lol. I go to crops once a month and that is pretty much the only time I get to scrap anymore. I do my swaps of course, but I've slowed down a little bit on those due to not having enough money to buy things for them. Don't think I am in need of an intervention just yet, lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH Donna, I hear ya! Actually I'm usually pretty good - I'll check the sale/discontinue aisles if I'm in the right stores. EXCEPT for last week: I was in my old hometown and went to my old scrapbooking store and practically bought them out - hey, they had things I had never seen before (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) (I gotta tell ya, it was So Much Fun).

But (BUT) this Sizzix thing has gotten out of hand - I rationalize it "I've only been into Sizzix for 8 months and I'm building life-long stock" yea right - I just love picking up a new die cut to use (or store). Then I think of all the past pages I could have done better with my new stuff - Eeekes! Now I own the original Sizzix the Sidekick and just bought the Bigkick -- the super duper puter machines I could have bought with all the $$$ spent on Sizzix makes me swoon. (think I'll look into buying some Sizzix stock) LOL (actually wouldn't give up my Sizzix things for anything - love them).

OK that's it - I'm done ranting!
    Hi, my name is Sam and I'm a Sizzix junkie

sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an appropriate question for me today. I took everything out of the small tv armoire I had bought last year for my stuff. The tv shelf was starting to bend down due to the weight of the paper. Keep in mind that this is supposed to be strong enough to hold a 27" tv.
    Anyway, I've completely outgrown the armoire so I put the tv in it and took the tv off the rolling stand I had it on. So the tv fits perfectly in the armoire, but I have my stuff all over waiting for a home. Somehow I've bought way too much stuff. I even found something that I bought twice! I didn't remember buying it the first time. I need to go through it and sell the stuff that I just don't use. It's taking up space and I think I could work better with less stuff cluttering up my space. How did this happen...I've only been scrapbooking for a year and a half?!
    Sorry to ramble I'm just at a loss to how to store all this now.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Donna good timing. A lady and I was cropping on tuesday and we were both saying we are out of control right now and need to get ourselves in check. I have to stop buying and start working on what I have and if I am not going to use it get rid of it. I have been collecting for awhile and I keep saying I need this and that and I have not even used what I got and forgot what I bought and why!! I did this when I was quilting and that is why I ended up with 2,500 yds of material!! I end of selling all of that and said I was not going to do this again in a craft I was in and here I am again! So I guess I could use some support and help to stop me from spending money and worst yet wasting it on things I will not use.

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've been on a shopping frenzy until I bought the CuttleBug and the Cricut. I got both of them for excellent prices. But, I'm now holding off on my purchases. I've picked up some things at my Mikes for a buck or 2 as they mark so much down to make the move to a new store. Unless I have to buy supplies for my crafts class, I try to stay out of the ACM, HL, and Mikes. There is too much temptation. So, I'm shopping my stash which is semi-organized. And, yes, I also have found things I didn't remember buying and have found duplicates. And I have 3 road trips coming up in Sept and Oct, so I'm trying to save my money for them.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donna you little stinker, I can't even begin to reply and you know it. Let's leave it as "I'm a gonner, beyond intervention I fear" LOL

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is...it's Hobby Lobby's fault for having a 40% off coupon ever other week.
    Kay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah... I have been bad, very bad: swaps and spending... Even if I buy almost everything with coupons, sales, or places like Big Lots and Dollar tree, or SS swaps.... In less than 2 years I have gone from a laundry room pantry to 1/2 a spare room! I have a sidekick and cuttlebug, and just got a Cricut in April. I already have 14 cricut cartridges (but have spent only $63 for one at the most)!! I just acquired 4 today as an exclusive bundle shipped from a sweet lady on another board. But how can I resist when they were almost 50% off retail? and I had the money.... that is to my credit. I usually keep to cash and don't run up a credit card. But sadly I am so much better at shopping, chatting, and swapping than I am at Making My Scrapbooks!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I limit my spending to $20 per month.Alot of my stuff comes from Big-a-lots and it was only $1 per pack. I do have several sixxix dies but I tend to buy the ones that are likely to be used alot. Right now my only wasted item is a Animal Kingdom cricut cartridge I have (and I've yet to buy my cricut.)lol
    ~~~
    Patty