Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just received a PM that just put me in a mood to get on my soap box.

1st off My son has Autism. ..My son has been a little pill today. I fixed him pancakes for breakfast but we were out of the brand of syrup that he likes...so I trashed the pancakes and made cereal but the bowl I picked creeped him out it was too dark...SO I had to make another bowl. I was about to pull my hair out. Then he finally began to eat breakfast...So I sat down and started working on a page of him, and couldn't help but smile...It is my scrapbook that really helps me get threw the hard days. Also at the time the breakfast incident doesn't seem to funny but you scrapbook it and it is very FUNNY..You can't get threw the journaling without breaking out in laughter...

I was a special education teacher for about 7 years and I know first hand the grief that one goes threw when you find out that you have a special needs child. My son is 10 and has Autism. I have found Scrapbooking to be the most therapeutic treatment I have ever received. So much so that I taught a class about it. I have attached a slide show that I used to talk about it. (IT HAS SOME MISSPELLINGS I FORGOT THE PASSWORD AND I HAVE IT LOCKEDA) For most of you It will not matter to much. But if there is a mom out there and I know that there is....Who is afraid to share their story I hope that this will inspire you....I haven't been a member of this site but for a few days but I know most of you from DIY...I know that NO one here would say anything about a layout featuring a special needs child expect positives...RIGHT LADIES!!!

STACY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just received a PM that just put me in a mood to get on my soap box.

1st off My son has Autism. ..My son has been a little pill today. I fixed him pancakes for breakfast but we were out of the brand of syrup that he likes...so I trashed the pancakes and made cereal but the bowl I picked creeped him out it was too dark...SO I had to make another bowl. I was about to pull my hair out. Then he finally began to eat breakfast...So I sat down and started working on a page of him, and couldn't help but smile...It is my scrapbook that really helps me get threw the hard days. Also at the time the breakfast incident doesn't seem to funny but you scrapbook it and it is very FUNNY..You can't get threw the journaling without breaking out in laughter...

I was a special education teacher for about 7 years and I know first hand the grief that one goes threw when you find out that you have a special needs child. My son is 10 and has Autism. I have found Scrapbooking to be the most therapeutic treatment I have ever received. So much so that I taught a class about it. I have attached a slide show that I used to talk about it. (IT HAS SOME MISSPELLINGS I FORGOT THE PASSWORD AND I HAVE IT LOCKEDA) For most of you It will not matter to much. But if there is a mom out there and I know that there is....Who is afraid to share their story I hope that this will inspire you....I haven't been a member of this site but for a few days but I know most of you from DIY...I know that NO one here would say anything about a layout featuring a special needs child expect positives...RIGHT LADIES!!!

STACY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    page 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    page 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    page 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I talked during the class in depth about each point. If you need anything or have any questions please PM me....

Special Needs parents feel they get judged all the time. You wouldn't believe the looks I get at the store.. If we could have one less place were people are looking down on us WHICH I THINK IS HERE that would be wonderful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put you on my prayer list today. I know about your boy and you never gripe or complain that I seem to think he's mild because your lo's of him are great! Remind me on bad days and I'll send special help your way!!

I need reminded that I don't have it so bad even on what I call the bad days...LOL. Wish you were closer I'd try to help on the long summer day!

Great show!

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy - this is a terrific topic to share with others. It also makes those who aren't dealing with these issues aware that there are those of you who do and sometimes you just need to let it out and what better way to document life's trials and tribulations through the art of scrapbooking. TFS

I can see how you would now laugh about syrup and the creepy bowl of cereal.

And don't think for one moment that a dispute about syrup did not come up between my brother and I when we were younger and he ate the last of it, not leaving any for others. I don't even remember how the conversation went. What I do remember is that I could not stop laughing and was sent to my room until I did.
    bonnie