Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies, many of you know me from diy, I'm miss T. Yesterday, on Oprah..they were listing scams, etc. Well I may have been close to being scammed, and I wanted to post this info just in case any of you, have had the same thing happen. YOU may want to read the entire post, if you are active on ebay.

Want to post just in case the same has happened to you. You may want to double you accounts, etc....change your passwords, etc. I notified my banks, and had them adjust my password, etc.)

Sometime around January, I placed a bid on ebay, after not buying anything for several months. I got a notification, from what I thought was ebay with logo and all, asking for the urgent attention to update my account. Well I clicked on the link, they asked me to verify my user account and password.....gave it to them, reply came back..you are now updated.

Well.....sometime in Feb. I received a call from an individuals saying I won a trip....I said okay..send me the tickets....they guy told me are you at the same address..(and told me my address) I said yes..that's right. THE NEXT thing he asked was okay we will send the tickets, I just need your bank account information???? I was smart enough to say %$#%$^$%$^$. I immediately called my bank, credit card co.,and changed my ebay password again.

Yesteday on Oprah....they noted this scam going on.....with someone posing as ebay, send the exact emails out to unsuspecting people.

Misty

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies, many of you know me from diy, I'm miss T. Yesterday, on Oprah..they were listing scams, etc. Well I may have been close to being scammed, and I wanted to post this info just in case any of you, have had the same thing happen. YOU may want to read the entire post, if you are active on ebay.

Want to post just in case the same has happened to you. You may want to double you accounts, etc....change your passwords, etc. I notified my banks, and had them adjust my password, etc.)

Sometime around January, I placed a bid on ebay, after not buying anything for several months. I got a notification, from what I thought was ebay with logo and all, asking for the urgent attention to update my account. Well I clicked on the link, they asked me to verify my user account and password.....gave it to them, reply came back..you are now updated.

Well.....sometime in Feb. I received a call from an individuals saying I won a trip....I said okay..send me the tickets....they guy told me are you at the same address..(and told me my address) I said yes..that's right. THE NEXT thing he asked was okay we will send the tickets, I just need your bank account information???? I was smart enough to say %$#%$^$%$^$. I immediately called my bank, credit card co.,and changed my ebay password again.

Yesteday on Oprah....they noted this scam going on.....with someone posing as ebay, send the exact emails out to unsuspecting people.

Misty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that update ebay or paypal account when it first started a while ago and then someone from Europe had my account info. and used my credit cards on a bunch of stuff.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to me and I gave them all my info and they stole $500 out of my account, I didn't have it of course but thank goodness my sis in law worked at my bank and fixed it all and helped me open a new one. I will never give out any personal info after that mess.

Katy