Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to introduce...

Gluemore Girl - Maria. I can't wait to learn more about her.

gail

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the intro Gail!

Good Morning All! I am Maria and live in Connecticut. I've been married 18yrs, have 2 kids who are in 7th and 9th grades. I work full time as an RN in a small community hospital. Have been scrapping since my son was about 3 and asked, "Where's MY baby book, Mommy?" (we were looking at his sister's book).
    Having always been a picture taker and album keeper... this fit right in. I've always loved crafting but did not have a lot of patience with other things... I never could finish cross stitches or crochet projects.
    I've counted about 17 albums downstairs that I've worked on... one or two are still works in progress.

I got the name Gluemore girl as I am one of about 14 of us who go to a scrap retreat every January for the past 7yrs... we are 3 groups who bonded together the first year and about 3 yrs ago, dubbed ourselves the Gluemore Girls...

Scrapping for me is like therapy! It relaxes me... I enjoy the journey and I'm often afraid to enter challenges or swaps b/c of the pressure I let it put on me to finish... however, lately, I've taken a few on b/c it has also motivated me!! Time for scrapping is rare but I try to make a little time each week.
    I'm into organizing and re-organizing my scrap space. We've moved 3 times since I've started scrapping so I've had to create space where there was none and where there was lots of room... now I'm in between.

So what I think is important in scrapping are the words... I always have a title... and some kind of journaling either a few words or a paragraph... I'm a paper scrapper... thought about some digi scrapping for certain projects but have not ventured there yet. I love the paper, glue, the mess, the shopping....

Well, I also talk a lot, did I tell you that?? Thanks for asking about me... I'm looking forward to getting to know more about everyone else here!
    SAS is my addiction, I love to visit every day, even if it's only for a few minutes.

Happy Scrapping!!
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice to meet you Maria, if I had moved 3 different times with my scrapping stuff I think that I would have pulled all of my hair out . Love learnig how you got your scrappy name.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Maria...Love hearing about you and your adventure into scrapping...I sooo understand about moving all your things and having to make and remake a space to put them...

I look forward to see more of you work here on SAS...
    Karen

The little voices in my head keep saying..."Get more Chickens!"

...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
    ....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....
    ...FAITH is the bridge between where I AM...and where GOD is taking me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to get to know all of you.

hugs,
    gail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it is so nice to meet you!
    ~Jean.
    avitar pict my boy Blaze

Pages ~ 6
    Cards ~ 9

funny goat stories: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/sho...d.php?t=255903

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maria, glad to learn more about you. I understand moving scrappy stuff, but I've only done it once.
    Judith

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maria....loved how you got your scrappy name!

I can so relate in the scrappy moving thing to.....I have done it many times...sometimes too many....almost as much fun as scrapping itself....lol
    Karen.... Gramma to Miss Lillyanna Emilee and Zachariah Lee ♥♥♥

http://kray-becomingabigtimescrapper.blogspot.com

Tally for 2015
    Cards:
    Layouts:
    Other:
    Altered items: