Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't take credit for this I found it in some blog when I was uplate one night prowling the net. But I went to the glass place and had them cut me 8 1/2 by 11 pieces of plexiglass. I then took my unmounted rubber stamps (I've unmounted almost all my stamps) and stuck them to one side of the plexiglass. I haven't completed this yet, but the next step is to take a piece of typing paper that has been trimmed down to measure 7 1/2 by 10 and stamp the stamps on the paper that are on one piece of plexiglass in the order you have them, let dry and then flip your paper over and stamp the images again (stamps will be back to back but don't have to be perfectly alligned) then you laminate those stamped sheets (or you could maybe use a sheet protector) and mount those to the side of the plexiglass without the stamps. Now you can stand these up on a shelf and flip through them looking at the stamped image side for quick reference, but when you need to replace stamps (since who has only one out at a time) you know exactly where it goes because you can see the stamped image through the plexiglass on the stamp side as well.

Variation if you don't want to do laminating, put your stamped image paper on the plexiglass and then cover it with clear contact paper then cut contact paper flush to the edges of the plexiglass since you have trimmed your paper this will leave an edge all around you paper for the contact paper to adhere it sandwich style to the plexiglass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori,
    I just love this idea!! I have unmounted a few of my stamps. What did you use for a mounting them. I've been considering the HALOS Mounting System...
    ~Jenna
    ~Jenna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jenna, when I removed my stamps I tried to remove the stamp and foam pad from the wooden mount, therefore leaving the foam intact, most of them are still sticky and will stick to my acrylic mounts. A few I tore some chunks of foam off so I am going to cover with clear contact paper then coat it with Ailenes tack it over and over (glue you can find where the tacky glue is) or you can use repositional scotch tape. On the stamps that the foam was destroyed I am using Tac's cling foam (but I'm biased

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh just to warn you be prepared to pay for the plexiglass I got ten 8 1/2 by 11 sheets and it was just under 30.00. But it was worth it to me, because I know from experience that I am not a pull a binder out and look through it kind of person. I want my supplies at my fingertips now! I put all my stickers in binders and haven't used stickers since There are different thickness of plexi I chose a thicker because I wanted to make sure they wouldn't bow at all under the weight of the stamps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips!! I am going to give it a try.
    ~Jenna
    ~Jenna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you take a pic?

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, Lori- visual aids please?

And if it's not too much trouble-mind preparing a modest power point presentation ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rofl yes I will take a pic and load it later, I've got a ton of stuff to do today so it won't be until early evening at the earliest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay here is a link to the pics of the stamp storage

http://forum.startascrapbook.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=585...041010944#6041010944