Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and responded on the "What Else Do You Do" link.
    Thanks for asking. It was fun to stop and remember my old designing days. Thanks for the memories tonight, Zig! LOL!!

What kind of cross stitch designs do you like to do? I was surprised to see that you are active in that. It was a hot market when I was designing but then needlework and beading became popular and bumped cross stitching to the bottom rung of the craft ladder. It got so it was hard to market cross stitching and it needed to reinvent itself or wait for a newer generation to discover it again. It is slowly coming to life again.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and responded on the "What Else Do You Do" link.
    Thanks for asking. It was fun to stop and remember my old designing days. Thanks for the memories tonight, Zig! LOL!!

What kind of cross stitch designs do you like to do? I was surprised to see that you are active in that. It was a hot market when I was designing but then needlework and beading became popular and bumped cross stitching to the bottom rung of the craft ladder. It got so it was hard to market cross stitching and it needed to reinvent itself or wait for a newer generation to discover it again. It is slowly coming to life again.

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen Cross-Stitch & Needlework magazine. I started a Halloween project and then after Halloween I didn't feel like working on it so I'm finishing up the back stitching now.

I've got a lot of Halloween stuff.

Then I have a giant Dragon sitting at a computer piece that I hope to do for hubby I told him it would be his 10 anny presesent and we just celebrated 3 years this past Tuesday.

I know I have oh darn what's the designer.... it's all stored in a tub and hard to get to right now

sry long link ok that's the first thing I ever stitched and I have a few more like that to do

http://hoffmandis.com/detail.cfm?ProductID=04-3327&star...ey&desrefine=&CatID=

There are two books I checked out at the library. one is Spray and Stitch which melds cross-stitching and spraypaint! Some desings have a lot of spray and some don't but the effect is really neat. I have another one too that had some designs I wanted to do and some were actually samplers! Unforutnalty I only know how to make the cross stitch

ok I had to look up the hoffman site and if I don't stop looking I'll find even more stuff! A friend copied all of her Halloween Stuff for me and it was fortunatly not 'supposidly misplaced' (read stolen by step-son) so hopefully she'll come tonight and I'll have those too

Ziggy

B in L.A.
    I used to do cross-stitch before I injured my hands. I started with kits but then discovered a great magazine, whose name I can't remember now. I actually went from easy kits to doing an advanced project without even realizing it. I still treasure the pieces I did and have them displayed in my home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The little sampler is pretty. That is one that I would stitch. I sold all of my Teresa Wentzler patterns on ebay because they are collectibles and also lots of other designer's patterns. I used to really like Pat Rogers' samplers. And all the fantasy patterns; dragons, castles, knights, etc I gave away.

Hoffmans are still going strong, huh? I toyed with having them rep some of my stuff, at one time.

Your hubby will surely like his dragon when you get it finished. It was surprising how many men I met who cross stitch. My hubby even designed a log cabin and stitched it. Men are much more techcnical and precise than the average woman, in my opinion. They make great stitchers. One of my sampler stitchers that I empoyed had her own design business with her hubby and he designed most of what they sold. They really like dragons and the fantasy world as their area of design expertise.

Cross stitching is all consuming just like scrapbooking. And one can never have enough patterns or threads/fibers, huh? Much of what I collected for my needlework, I can use in my card making, scxrapbooking, and jewelry design. In fact, some scrappers use cross stich to enhance their own layouts. it is a bit time-consuming but themend result is worth it!

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B in LA, I bet your family is proud of your designs, huh? It is so nice to frame and hang them on the wall. I always get lots of comments on mine and that brings much pleasure to me. I wish I could see your work. I bet they are very nice! And I am so glad that you discovered that switching to counted cross stitch is so easy. Many stitchers are afraid to give up their pre-printed patterns for aida or linen cloth. I actually think it is slower and harder to stitch pre-printed patterns. And counted cross stitch when completed is so much crisper looking. I am sorry that your hands prevent you from enjoying stitching!

Judy
    Judy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing a BIG angel and one that is a wreath of flowers with an inspirational family saying inside it.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a Christmas stocking for my husband when we were dating. I'll be married for 13 years this year. The cross stitch part has been done for years, but I never sewed the whole thing together.
    Years ago when my sister was pregnant I took the elephant design from the bedding she picked out. Traced it and scaled it down onto gridded paper and cross stitched the design onto all different kinds of baby things for part of her shower gift. I haven't done any projects in a really long time.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to cross stitch ,I made my boys and I Christmas stockings.I have yet to start my husbands, I've had the pattern and floss ready for years. I've been to occupied with scrapbooking to cross stitch. Maybe this summer

B in L.A.
    Judy, I never did do the preprinted cross stitch, I alway did the counted, even with the kits. I didn't like needlepoint because I could never match the colors to the spaces, and felt the same would happen with the printed cross stitch.

I made a few things as gifts but stopped when I realized that people don't appreciate them much. At least the people I gifted with my work. The last straw was when I did a special wedding sampler, with their names and date of marriage, and a 3-d rose with borders which I framed myself. I wasn't able to go to her wedding shower so I sent it along with a friend, and the next time I spoke to her, which was more than a month later, she started telling me excitedly about all the gifts she got. "I got three dish towels from so and so, and some pot holders from so and so, they're up in my new kitchen. She never mentioned my gift, so I said "did you get my gift?" "Um......yeah.....um......it's here somewhere. Oh yeah, it's in a drawer in the other room. [Long pause since I didn't know what to say} But I'm planning on displaying it when I can find the right place." Okay..... that was the last time I cross-stitched for anyone else.

I really miss cross-stitching now that I can't do it any more.