Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spent a lot of time here to see if my kids have any of these toys. I was just doing this last week with the lead painted toys. This is really getting annoying. I don't have time to check everything but you gotta do it. Thankfully, we only have one thing that had been recalled. My DD is really unhappy that I took it away from her.They are sending a return package so I can return it for a new piece. I think it's going to take months for us to get the new piece. We also had a couple of toys that were shown on the lead painted list but we had purchased them before the recall date. I threw those out just in case.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it ridiculous! I heard on the news that the guy in charge of the plant in China that painted the Fisher Price ones committed suicide over the whole ordeal. Kinda makes me think he knew what he was doing and didn't care.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only had one toy, and it was still in its packaging (when you get so overwhelmed with toys after a BD or holiday and you save some back). We did have some of the Thomas trains that were recalled and sent those off a while ago. Grrrrr.
    Laura

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only had one toy off of this list and it was purchased before the date.

We have A LOT of Thomas trains but we have not bought any that were in the recall. We have those engines but they are all much older ones. We haven't done anything with them. Maybe I should - I just don't know.
    Barb K

porud mommy to Timmy (11) and Alex (7)

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what happens when USA companies get greedy.

China undercuts everyone because they literally work for pennies on the dollar. They can do that because: 1- they use poor quality ingredients, equipment, and supplies 2- there workers might as well be slaves.

MOst of what I'm about to say I heard in a report on NPR radio, and have been reading up on this.

For example- did you know many of our vitamin supplements & food additives come from China? China is the major manufacturer of Vitamin C.

China got that status by selling it 3 times below what anyone else could offer it for-can you say RED FLAG ??- if no one else can do it for that, what do you think the quality is? Well, turns out a few months ago many US multivitamins and this included CHILDREN'S formulas & well known brands were found to contain LEAD. You guessed it they were all made in China.

They made & sold toothpaste & Children's Cough Syrup with the lethal ingredient form anti freeze in it!! Several children's deaths in another 3rd world country were blamed on the syrup.

A factory in China that makes tea, spreads the tea leaves on the warehouse floor, then they drive trucks in and ppark them over the leaves w/ the engines running to speed the drying process- unsanitary- YES but more than that : the Chinese use leaded gas and the lead rains out of the truck exhaust in the form of condensation onto the tea leaves contaminating them!

Shiploads of dirty & contaminated goods from China are turned away from US ports everyday- unfortunately it's a drop in the ocean compared to what gets through.

Also, ceramic & china dishware often contains lead in the decorative paint on them. California is one of the few states that labels these items for consumer protection.

Before I get off my soapbox I just want to say, as consumers you need to be very, very careful about using products made in CHINA, especially, items for consumption,food items, dish ware and medical supplies, toys, & even food storage containers(i don't even trust the cheap MIC ziplock bags for food! ok for swaps maybe but not my leftovers). To me it is worth it to pay more for the USA brands.

YIKES- sorry this was so long- but if we don't protect our families and put our foot down this will continue to happen. Our buying power is a powerful weapon and if sales drop off, US companies doing business w/ China will get the message whether they like it or not!

Sorry , but I just had to vent too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I can tell you one thing. From now on I will inspect EVERYTHING that I buy. If it's made in China it's staying on the shelf, no matter how cheap it is. I would have thought the USA would have had a stricter policy of checks and balances so these contaminated things would never have made it through customs. Or whoever.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you another goods story. A lot of the furniture companies in our area have sent things to China to maufacturer. When they come back they have to be remanufactured because they are falling apart or the fabric patterns don't match. Now what kind of saving is that???

I was lucky that none of the DGKs toys were in the recall, but from now on, if it says "made in China", I won't buy it.

I agree with Christi, we should boycott those products, then we as consumers can change the way companies have their products made. There are 372 members of this board. we can do something, if we want to.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Christmas buying season coming up- just think what an impact a boycott would make. I'd love to see jobs come back to this country!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree.
    My DH wants to trash all the boys, china made toys and start from scratch, probablly not a bad idea, except what will I buy in place of them, they need alot of these items for their cognetive skills, right???
    It's scary times we are living in and I'm sure it'll get worse b 4 it get's better.
    Thanks for the info on the tea, hadn't heard that, I WILL b checking my tea!!!
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm curious about something...if the item or items say, distributed by, how the heck ya spose' ta know, THE MANAFACTURE????
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes