Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I am new to this forum. My name is Ginny and I am from Kansas. My question - I am considering buying a Cricut and have seen some discussions about the new version having a pen to draw. I have googled a serch for a video on how that works but couldn't find one. Would one of you knowledgable ladies describe how that works and what it is good for? Thanks for much! Ginny

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I am new to this forum. My name is Ginny and I am from Kansas. My question - I am considering buying a Cricut and have seen some discussions about the new version having a pen to draw. I have googled a serch for a video on how that works but couldn't find one. Would one of you knowledgable ladies describe how that works and what it is good for? Thanks for much! Ginny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try www.qvc.com, they are the only ones who have releases this model with the pens. On another thread it was said that the markers will be available for purchase later this summer. Usually QVC will have a video but not always. You can try www.cricut.com to see if they do too. I have seen they have video's but I can't recall seeing this model though. Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess I didn't exactly answer your question, so I will now looking back!

THe cricut cuts out what you tell it to from the cartridges words, phrases, images, and with the pens it draws what you what then you can go back out the blade back in and cut out what you had it draw. It will outlined then. You can either just have it draw or cut or both. QVC has 7 pens, 6 exclusive to them and black. Looks pretty cool if you ask me!!

Now I hoped that helped you a bit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a post from the Cricut board about how a woman LAST YEAR used small markers in her cricut to draw. So you can buy the current machine and get this same feature before the Cricut markers are even released! Buy the Crayola Pipsqueak Skinnies (16 for $3.97 at WM) and the slip on pencil grips....

I have not tried it yet, but will soon when next payday comes, to buy markers.
    this Cricut can draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricut cust. service told me that the colors of pens QVC offers won't be released for sale, but other colors will be. I like that idea of the Crayola skinnies. I'm not sure how useful the outlining in pen would be. I'm not sure that I would even use it for that.
    Keep in mind that if you buy the Cricut II from QVC then you won't get the George cartridge (only avail. with the original), but you'll get Cuttin up and Opposites Attract and the pens. I heard Michael's is coming out with a bundled package as well...who knows what will be in that one.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be cool if the cricut could emboss with some kind of embossing pad instead of cushioned mat and an emb. stylus instead of the blade. I wonder if that would work.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, embossing? that would be cool!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embossing does sound neat Cassie! The markers though, I kinda think it's dumb. You can just ink or chalk the edges of whatever you cut to acheive almost the same effect. And I have to wonder how much of a pain is it to line the image back up when you take the maker out and put the blade back in.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mommaidwf:
    Embossing does sound neat Cassie! The markers though, I kinda think it's dumb. You can just ink or chalk the edges of whatever you cut to acheive almost the same effect. And I have to wonder how much of a pain is it to line the image back up when you take the maker out and put the blade back in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I CONCUR!!!!

I ink/chalk just about everything anyways.. LOL that was my first thought when i saw this lil machine.. but to each to her own, right?

The embossing sounds wayyy kewl!