Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Sewing Machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to a <span class="ev_code_RED">refurbished</span> Brother on Overstock.com

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Brother-XL-2600-Se...1584143/product.html

for $84.99 and shipping is $2.95
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to order it won't ship to my zipcode!! Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try ebay for a sewing machine. I shopped around on there for about a month and got a really awesome deal. I can't remember the exact model I got, but it was a Kenmore that normall sold for over $200 and I got it for about $80 with shipping and all. I love it! I have made pillows, curtains, sleep pants for the boys, costumes, purses and so on. The key is to watch when the auction ends--find one that ends during a time when people aren't home or in the middle of the night--people forget they are watching and than you sneak in during that last 30 minutes and bid on it and win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant 30 seconds, not minutes. Something else I got on ebay that was a awesome find was my Kitchen Aid Professional Mixer. I had always wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer since using one in the place I worked. Of course, I didn't want the $150 dollar one I wanted the professional like the one at work that are $400+. So I started searching ebay and bookmarking my favorites. One evening I couldn't sleep and I got on ebay and found a 3 day auction for a Kitchen Aid Professional 5 Plus that normally sold for $399 and it had 3 hours on it and was only at $40. I couldn't believe it. I stayed up until 5 AM and bid on that thing in the last 15 seconds. I put a max bid of $143 in and it came up a few seconds later saying I had won it for $78 so with shipping I paid $108 for it. It was new in box with warranty, too! I couldn't believe it. It happened about 2 weeks before Christmas so that was gift from my boys to me! haha!