Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the "Caring and Sharing" badge is to make a scrapbook of your friends. We wanted to have a project that is fairly easy for the 6 and 7 year olds to complete in one meeting 1 1/2 hours max. At today's meeting I thought I'd take a photo of each one so that it could be ready for the next meeting ahead of time.
    So here's my question. Should I print 10 pictures of each girl and have them do a quick page about each of the girls in the troop, then they can go home with a complete book? That's a lot of photo printing, but I can do wallets.
    If so, then do I come up with a standard kind of fill in the blanks for them to fill in like
    name, birthday, favorites, etc. and have them put stickers and stuff on them or let them create each one separately. I was thinking a 6x6 book that we can bind with ribbon (then we would have to make covers) or buy cheap books at ACMoore and just slip them in the page protectors.
    The other option I thought of was to have each do a page of themselves and then I take them all, scan them and print them out for all the other girls. Again - that's a lot of printing.

Does anyone have any ideas that would be fairly easy and not too expensive?

Thanks.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gail, I think you simplest idea is the first one. It would make each girl more active with the friends. If you print out 10 wallet sized photos, then a sheet with the questions, it seems that it would be more the spirit of the badge. If each girl did their own page and then you copied them, it's like you did the work. Or you could ask each girl to bring tem wallet photos of themselves from old school pictures. My kids always had some left each year, and all 10 would not have to be exactly alike. That would save you some time and money. Or you could do the pages and they could add the photos after the pictures are made at school this year. Or one more idea, have each mother take a photo of their daughter and furnish 10 prints. When I worked with the Scouts, it was part of their responsibility for them to supply some of the items needed to complete their badges. It is part of their growing into the Scout laws.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cassie, what about just telling each mom that their child needs to have a couple of pics of friends for the next meeting. And make a page kit for each girl with everything the same so no one can get mad over something someone else has. 12x12 paper is on sale at ACM 4 for a dollar and you could get 4 6x6's out of one piece so that wouldn't be too expensive.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could just collect $2 from each kid and run up to Walmart 1 hr. They print for less than 20 cents her print. And if you have photoshop or something, you could crop and do 2 4x3's per print, so you would only be paying a dime per print. Or if 2 x 3 is big enough, you can fit 6 per 4x6 (I've done this for passport photos).
    Also, if you have a Dollar Tree nearby, they have those little Mulberry 6x6 albums for $1.
    One other thing you might not have thought of, and I'm sorry to add to your expense...but you might want to get a group shop with all 10 and have them do a page about the troop, too. Troop #, favorite activity, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cass
    I've done both... the first option was great with them filling in the blanks. I even let them decorate their own page with stickers.
    As the girls got older, they did their own pages and also "interviewed" eachother.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with the ten wallet-size photos and printing them at Walmart or Costco or somewhere. I'd draw some of it out of troop funds and have the girls contribute a small part to the project as well.
    I'm going broke saving money on scrapbooking supplies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great ideas.
    I don't mind spending the troop money if it's not a lot. I'll have to see what the mulberry albums look like, but for $1 they sound great. I think I'll take the photos and then do the suggested 3x4's (on a 4 x 6) in photoshop. Then upload them somewhere cheap so I don't have to use all my ink and photo paper. I may do a fill in the blank journal card for each to put on the page or make a 6x6 page layout with the pre-printed info. to get. I could possible run that through the photocopier at work onto card stock if it'll take the 12x12 or 6x6 paper size. I like the sticker idea, too. I can go buy sheets of friend oriented stickers for them to embellish with. I can also cut out some flowers and stuff ahead of time with my sizzix. Maybe I can do each of their names with my cricut (welded) and then they can stick the name of each girl on the page...100 names, maybe too much work for me.
    Oh and I love the group page. I even have a photo of the troop we took at the first meeting.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow this sounds like fun! I don't think I did that when I was in Brownies! Can you show us some pages when you're done There's a way you could probably blur out faces or just show us the page elements.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to find scrapbooks at the dollar store, but no luck. I found a pack of patterned cardstock in 6 coordinating patterns. It also has different sizes 12"x12" , 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", 3"x3", 3 1/2" x 4", 3 1/2"x3 1/2" and 2" x 12". I think I will cut the 12"x12" to 6"x6" and then use some of the smaller squares as photo mats, and then cut the 2"x12" down to 2" x 6". Maybe I can cut some plain coordinating cardstock squares to mount on the 3"x3" for the girls to write about eachother on. I don't know how they will keep their handwriting straight. Should I try and find a journaling stamp or draw lines on all 90 pieces of paper? Any ideas on how to do titles? I guess each of the girls names would be nice to have on each page. Should I type them up and print on cardstock or let them write each name somewhere on the page? I don't want to do all their work for them, but they'll only have about an hour or so left in the meeting to do 10 pages (now it's 9 girls, plus a group photo). Since I couldn't find cheap scrapbooks I was thinking of having them make a cover and then either using my bind it all or using colored staples or hole punch and ribbons. This is why I bought patterened cardstock rather than regular patterned paper so it would be stiffer.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the bind it all might be a good option.

Hmm could you find a digi journal block and print it out? I thought I had a freebie with some lines on it.

Titles hmmmm shouldn't take too much time to write their name but maybe have some printed up incase they goof in their hurry/excitement

Ziggy