Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Scrapbookers,

Hello from Asheville, North Carolina! I want to take this opportunity to tell you about this national postcard art project! The project, entitled I Am Thankful, encourages individuals of all ages and organizations to create original postcard artwork expressing gratitude. Postcards submitted can honor people, places, things or circumstances and artwork can be simple or elaborate as long as it remains two-dimensional. Once completed, postcards can be mailed to “I Am Thankful”, 69 Wamboldt Avenue Asheville, North Carolina 28806. All postcards will be considered for public display. In January 2008 the submitted gratitude postcards will be featured on my newly redesigned web site http://www.IAmThankful.com for a creative ripple of gratitude around the globe!

Giving Thanks is not just for Thanksgiving, it’s a state of being and should be integrated into our everyday experience and practice. Giving loving attention and creativity to a physical expression of gratitude such as a beauty-full postcard is a wonderful way to not only let our whole body engage in thankfulness but it also inspires each person who is touched by the image.

I look forward to hearing from you, to seeing your lovely creations and to showing them to the world! Thank you in advance for all that you do and for letting your creativity flow through a medium with endless possibilities!

Have a Happy Thanks-Giving!
    Damaris

Damaris Pierce
    Inspirational Art & Guidance
    www.ArtOfLife.com

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." ~G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was worth posting, I have gone to the site and although this might have merit I think you should read the fine print that is actually posted on her site. Bottom line is you submit to her your art becomes hers. I have a difficult time with that. Thought you all might like to know.

The Legal Stuff

By submitting information to IamThankful.com, you grant IamThankful.com a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, and otherwise exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to that information at its sole discretion, including storing it on IamThankful.com servers and incorporating it in other works in any media now known or later developed including without limitation published print media. If you do not wish to grant IamThankful.com these rights, it is suggested that you do not submit information to this website. IamThankful.com reserves the right to select, edit and arrange submissions, and to remove information from the IamThankful.com website at any time at its sole discretion. No image from this site may be used for any purpose without expressed written authorization, with one exception; you may post one image as a link to this site. Images and words posted on this site may not necessarily reflect the views of IamThankful.com.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lori- I agree with you! Don't like the sound of most of it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I went thru the site. Thks Lori.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't agree with that either. Glad you posted that info. Distribute means that the art can be sold and you-the artist, don't get a dime- which is why it would be royalty free.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Ones at StartAScrapbook.com,

thank you for bringing your concerns into the open and to my attention! I had a hard time with the "fine print" but was advised to put it out there simply for my own protection. The main objectives of this project are to
    a) engage people into a conscious practice of gratitude and to
    b) create a beauty-full display that will inspire others around the globe!

I do, by no means, have the intention to use someone else's artwork as my own or for personal gain. There is, however, the possibility that one or a few submissions may be chosen for further promotion of this non-profit, genuinely inspired project, in which case individual permissions would have to be obtained, which is quite a challenge when cards arrive without return addresses and such. So the "legal stuff" is kind of an umbrella that keeps me from getting sued. I'm so sorry that it is in the way of getting this project into your hearts and practice, but I totally understand.

Thank you for considering and for having enough interest to read it all.

Happy Giving Thanks and Blessings to all of you!
    Damaris