Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind do you have? What do you love about it? Would you buy that one again?
    I'm on the fence between two. I'm getting one as a belated Christmas gift from DH.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummmm, what's an SLR?
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have one but I know hubby wants one.

Cindy it's a high end digital camers that's all I know. You could use it to take highly professional shots.

Ziggy

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Canon Rebel XTi and I LOVE it!

(an SLR is a "single lens reflex" camera. You sight through the lens so what you see is what you get. There are many lenses available for them as well as many other accessories. The best thing, in case you might take a picture of a moving object, is there is NO shutter lag.)

You might know the SLR as a "35 mm" as that is what the film cameras were.

Anyway, I wouldn't trade my Canon Rebel XTi for anything!

...Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to my hubby a little bit last night. I know he want's the Olympus. The Canon and I think Nikon have good camera bodies but needed better lenses than what came with them. A friend of ours bought a Canon body and then a 400 dollar lens for it.

I dunno that's just what he said I'm sure others are quite happy with them

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the first I've heard of the Canon's inferior lens'. If you ask any professional photographer, the Canon's lens are the best and for a low end digital SLR, Canon is better than most.

A couple of things I'd look for, Cassie, is rechargeable battery, the cost of additional memory cards (they never come with enough memory), if the camera is compatible to your printer (if you just want to shoot & print), the back screen being large enough for you to view without eye strain, the zoom mag. and how compact you'd like it to be to carry around.

I have the Canon PowerShot S80 (there are a few different models for the PowerShot) and love it. The picture quality is outstanding, it's easy to use, comes with bells and whistles that I actually use. I'd highly recommend a Canon - and if you check out Amazon the reviews are pretty accurate.

Happy hunting - I'm sure you'll find one to fit your needs. sam

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cassie,
    Tonya's DH here. Most Digital SLR's won't come with the "best" lenses with them. Most will use the same lenses as their 35mm counterparts. You can usually save $100 getting just the body and going to a Professional camera shop and buying good, used lenses for the same brand. This is definatly something to consider. With an SLR, I would go with a company that makes good 35mm SLR's as well. Cannon, Nikon, Konica-Minolta would be my top 3. Pentax would be a distant 4th. I know the Kinica-Minolta's use the same lenses as the 35mm. It also would be a good Idea to go to a professional camera shop to see if they have ones set up that you can try out there in the store. They will also know more about what lenses and filters will be best for which cameras. I would also look at user reviews and see what they have to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone taken a workshop from here:

http://www.digitalphotoacademy.com/

Since my DH suprised me with a new Canon Powershot S5 IS camera, I would love to learn more about the camera from a hands-on perspective.

After reading about the Beginner workshop, I also understand they give you information about Adobe PhotoShop.

Sam - what computer program do you use to manipulate your photos for LO's?
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam - what computer program do you use to manipulate your photos for LO's?
    that would be Photoshop Element. Got it as a freebie when I bought my scanner. I have the full-blown Photoshop, too, but it's got more than I'll ever need to do what I do with my photos (not into digi scrapping). So, I only use my Photoshop Element program. (plus it's good to use for cropping/changing clipart).

WTG Bonnie! A new camera to play with - Yipee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Canon SX100 IS for Christmas too and love it so far!! Hubby actually wanted me to return it to get the Canon Rebel SLR, not sure which model but I wanted to be able to get he different lens. However I told him I would use it for awhile and decide what I want to. My only drawback with a highend camera is I have NO CLUE how to use them and really want to find local classes to take to learn with spending that kind of money.