Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nanamsc thought I should try here...Was wondering if anyone was interested in a pop bottle swap for Valentines Day?

Basically--take a 1 liter popbottle, cut a slit in it, fill it with things relevant to Valentines day (You can buy stuff if you want to, but I was mostly thinking stuff from your stash or things you can make--anything relevant) (let's keep it to one sheet of stickers or less, unless they are 'special' ones (flocked, glittered, chipboard/cardstock, 3-d/jolies, etc)) Obviously send nice things that YOU would want to use on your pages!

After you fill it, glue on the top, cover it in patterned paper or pretty tape to cover the slit and it goes into the mail!

I was just going to match up names and you mail directly to the person you get...which means we really need to have people committed to following through--no flaking!

Would be mailing early Feb so it gets there in time for V-Day. If there is enough interest, you can sign up for more than one bottle...postage is less for this swap since you're not mailing to me...just to your 'valentine'.

Interest?

Jess
    ----------------------

1. Hostess
    2. Nanamsc
    3. Ziggy
    4. Lulu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi jess, i'm in.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    come on gals, this is a fun and easy swap and I WANT MY BOTTLE...heeheehee
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would but I'm afraid of pink!

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to like put the bottle in a box or something or do you mail it just as is??
    Tracy
    Tracy

goals for 2010
    Organize my photos
    Organize phote files on computer
    Scrapbook for myself
    catch up on scrapbooking old photos
    make all the cards I need for the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just tape the top and put your addy labels on it and mail as is

Ziggy

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a price guideline? Can you include things that are not SB related like sweets? I may be interested.

I got a funny story about the pop bottle being mailed. Remember when there were mail bombs or something a few years ago. My DH was pretty paranoid about the whole thing (uncharacteristic for him) and he started to get to me with being paranoid. My sister mailed a stuffed bunny in a pop bottle to my DD and it scared the poop out me when I found it our mailbox. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it's see through so that'd be one of the safest things to mail! hee hee yes can we include chocolate kisses or something?

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so far I've got the three of us: Nanamsc, me, Ziggy for sure...who else is in?

Tracy & Lulu--we'd love to have you join too!

I wasn't going to set a price as I was leaving it up to everyone to buy or use stuff from their stash. I guess I'm hoping everyone will stuff the bottles pretty good and send usable goodies...

I was leaving it open, but if everyone feels more comfortable with a list of things to send or a price guideline, I'm happy to do so, just let me know! I could add a bit of a scavenger type list to it--ie, include some ribbon, some hearts, something that glitters, something metal, etc...all up to you guys!!

Love the story btw--I think that's why I'm kind of intrigued with the concept of the pop bottles, I sent one to my SIL for easter last year, but it would be fun to get one in the mail in return!

Oh--I think some V-day goodies (of the edible variety) would be fun as well. Probably just would want to make sure it's nothing that could melt over scrap supplies if it sat in a hot p.o. (hard to imagine things melting right now in MI-supposed to be down to like 7 degrees or something crazy this weekend!). Kisses might need to go into a ziploc, I would think indiv. wrapped mini hershey bars or the like would be fine loose since they are sealed--you know, common sense stuff, right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was thinking that too about the edibles in a baggy just so they didn't melt or get dust everywhere. I like those candy heart things might make a new 'chalk look' if you left them open as well.

Hmm hoping to use stashy stuff here but I don't have abundantly V-day stuff that would fill a bottle so I'm going to have to hit some dollar spots. Scavenger might be a bit hard to fill that way. How about a 10 -15 including what you think the value of your stashy stuff is?

and no pink stuff for me hee hee
    Ziggy